INFORMATION FOR MANAGERS
In this section you can download whitepapers for Change Request Management (Covering Request for Change and Change execution with TMS integration)
Find presentations with the highlights and presentations of Change Management and the approach in SAP Solution Manager.
Presentation focusing on Change Management functionalities in SAP Solution Manager with Change Request Management.
Find a list of best practice functionalities to get an understanding of ITIL perspective.
INFORMATION FOR USERS
Learning Map on ChaRM for SAP Solution Manager 7.2
Demos: Change & Release Management (Change Request Management - ChaRM)
In this section you will find demos around the processes Change & Release Management that are covered via the tool "Change Request Management" (ChaRM) in SAP Solution Manager.
- General Overview Demo Change Request Management
You want to have a quick overview about Change Request Management, and see the look'n'feel of the functionalities in the system? This demo is probably the right entrance point for you. You will get a quick demo for the creation and processing of a Request for Change as well as the processing of a Normal Change.
- Change Request Management: Request for Change
In this demo you can see how a Request for Change is created and processed in the SAP Solution Manager 7.1. You will see the standard process for an Request for Change from creating over approving the change, until it is handed over to development. The demo also covers the new functionality called "scope extension".
- Change Request Management: Normal Change
The demo shows the process of a normal change, as part of Change Request Management project which has dependencies to the project phases.
- Change Request Management: Urgent Change
In this demo you will see the standard urgent change process, as it is delivered with SAP Solution Manager out of the box.
- Change Request Management: Admin Change
When performing administrative changes in the system, you can use admin changes of Change Request Management. See how an administrative change can be performed and documented with Change Request Management.
- Change Request Management: General Change
When using Change Request Management not only for SAP- or System-related components, but also for other IT components, you can leverage the functions of the general change to document and manage those changes with SAP Solution Manager. In this demo you can see how the standard process of a general change looks like.
- Change Request Management: - Enabling a Project for Change Request Mngmt
Before using Change Request Management to control your transports in the landscape you need to define a project, add logical components and activate Change Request Management. This demo covers the basic steps to create such a project.
INFORMATION FOR ADMINISTRATORS
- Get a demo af the new setup procedure of Change Management. The guided procedure is integrated in transaction SOLMAN_SETUP since Support Package 3 and guides the adminstrator through all relevant customizing in the right order.
How to Guides
- How to Guide - Change Request Management (ChaRM)
- Configuration Guide - Change Request Management
Technical Blogs and Documents
Change Request Management
- Status Flow of the Request for Change including Approval Procedure and ChaRM Framework
- HowTo: User status dependent UI Control of ChaRM specific UI objects
- Defect Corrections creation via RfC
- New user status in ChaRM 7.1
- Editability/Visibility of UI objects dependent from the user status
- Process Overview for Preliminary Import
- Setup of Preliminary Import - Part 1
- Setup of Preliminary Import - Part 2
- Through the Looking Glass: ChaRM: New functionality with SP5: Assign and Decouple Transport Requests
- SP5: How to customize the 'Create Transport Request' dialog window in Urgent Change so that it comes up automatically when user status 'In Development' is reached
- Status dependent import
- Some Hints to Status Dependent Import
- How to Setup CSOL and DGP when using Retrofit
- CSOL and DGP Settings for Retrofit
- BW After Import - Transport - Troubleshooting **new**
Change Request Management
- 1384598 - Information regarding the new remote infrastructure
- 1613908 - Old transaction types in SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- 1552585 - SAP Solution Manager: Basic functions 7.1 SP1
- 1581485 - No main reference obj. after upgrade to Solution manager 7.1
- 907768 - Information regarding the required support package levels of managed system for Change Request Management
- 1572183 - Information regarding authorizations for SAP Solution Manager RFC users
- 1574224 - Collective note for ChaRM 7.1
- 1483529 - Master Note for ChaRM & QGM 7.10, SP0
- 1561719 - Master Note for ChaRM & QGM 7.10, SP1
- 1599759 - Master Note for ChaRM & QGM 7.10, SP2
- 1606456 - Master Note for ChaRM & QGM 7.10, SP3
- 1604651 - Bad Performance loading RT repositories
- 1607207 - CRM WebClient UI: Wrong config for copied Transaction types
- 1586185 - Project selection fails for some transaction types
- 1620896 - ChaRM: Change document not assigned to new project cycle
- 1384598 - Harmonizing RFC Communication infrastructure in ChaRM / QGM
- 1358071 - Usage of identical SIDs in Change Management