The purpose of this document is to answer the question:
How to create a data table with a File backend?
The steps listed below is the technique use to create a data table in Agentry.
1. In the Editor, create a System Connection of type NT File System.
2. Create the data table. An example is below:
- Name = FileDataTable
- Display Name = File Based Data Table
- Connection = FileSystemConnection
- File Name = DTdata.txt
3. In the Server Agentry.ini, create a File Backend section and add the ag3fileBE.dll to the System Connections section (examples below)
Start the Agentry server to affect this change.
4. Create the DTdata.txt file in a directory called tables that resides under the root server directory. The file should be in the following format. The sections need to match the data table names and the data is in the format code=value. It is important to note that the section name as well as the table name under [LastUpdates] must be in all lowercase characters even if the Data Table name in the edit is in mixed or upper case characters.