For General Rule,logic and instructions, Importing/Exporting MDF Data is discussed/detailed in the links below:
The Objects in Career Path you can Import and Export are:
- Career Path: This contains the Career Path information such as External Code and Locale Specific Translations for languages enabled in the instance.
- Career Path-Career Path Details: Contains the Career Path's External Code in association to the roles as established either in the UI or via Import.
Note: For Career Path v1, use Legacy Career and Path-Career Path details.
External Code: System generated code when role is added via UI and this column in required to fillout in the Import process.
Role GUID: This data can be exported through Import and Export data tool where Generic Object = Role. In the below screenshot, GUID will be used as reference in the Career Path-Career Path Details to map associations to Lead to and Lead from role.
In mapping "Lead-to" and "Lead-from" roles, careerPathDetails.role.externalCode and careerPathDetails.nextRole.externalCode will be used to associate the next level/role the path is heading to.
In mapping Peer roles, careerPathDetails.role.externalCode and careerPathDetails.nextRole.externalCode can be interchanged and careerPathDetails.isPeerRole = TRUE is what used to define if the role mapping is considered a peer role.
In reference to the Role structure, you can compare the UI and the Export screenshot above to easily understand and visualize relationships in between Role GUID of careerPathDetails and nextRole.externalCode. I've included Guids I captured from the Role export file.
Whereas in the above screenshot:
- "Management and Planning" are Peer Roles
- "Technician" to "Tester" is a Lead-to Role and Lead-from role if the other way around.
- "Engineering" and "Consulting/Analyst" is a Lead-to role of "Tester"