Scenario Owner is responsible for maintaining these pages
Your feedback is very valuable to us. Please use bottom comment section to provide feedback on existing scenarios or propose scenarios to be included on this website.
An idea where the issue is.
High level symptoms
Purpose of troubleshooting task
How can the troubleshooting task help
5 is high
Higher the number the more relevant the tool
the name of the tool(s) to use
Why tool is suitable
Explains why this tool is helpful for this particular hypothesis.
How to use the tool for this hypothesis
Description (or links to) how the tool can be used to prove/deny the hypothesis
Next Steps/ Recommendations
Optionally some possible 'solutions'. Include any references to KBAs
|Incorrect SFTP configuration|
To verify that SFTP configuration is correct and LMS can reach the input file location
"Test FTP Connection" button
|Confirms FTP connection, user credentials and input file read access are working||LMS -> System Admin -> Connectors -> Select Connector -> Test FTP Connection|
- If test failed, validate SFTP configuration (System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> CONNECTORS) using web browser or 3rd party FTP client
- validate SFTP credentials and if incorrect request them internally from via customer support
|Incorrect connector field mapping||Verify the correct mapping and syntax||Connector Workbook||Includes definitions and examples of all standard fields for each connector||Validate your field mappings (System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> CONNECTORS ) against the values in the Connector Workbook||2199203 - Where can I find the latest LMS Connector Workbook ?|
|Invalid/corrupted input file or input file missing|
Validate if input file is
- invalid (e.g. wrong file format)
- "View Results"
- "Show archived input files"
- error from results might identify the issue
- validate the input file format and syntax
Navigate to System Admin -> Connectors -> Affected connector:
- "View Results" to check the general error e.g. "WARN - NO RECORDS"
- Continue to "View Logs" for detailed error message e.g. "No valid input file found that match the pattern - admin_data.txt "
- "Show archived input files" to download the input file used the affected connector run
- If archived input file contains only a file "INPUT_FILE_NOT_FOUND.txt" - the LMS was not able to find a valid input file. Check if the file is being generated on the SFTP server BEFORE the connector execution
- If the file is not present on the SFTP server check if it being picked up by e.g. other LMS environments in your landscape. Simply compare the SFTP settings on other LMS environments (System Admin -> Configuration -> System Configuration -> CONNECTORS). If he same SFTP credentials (hostname, username, remote directory) are used in multiple environments they would compete for the same input file. Each LMS environment should use a different SFTP account (different username) in the connector configuration.
- If the above is false, request Customer Support or Partner to check the input file creation mechanism in Provisioning
|Invalid data being imported from Bizx |
- Confirm if data from Bizx is in a valid LMS format.
- Identify the source of the invalid data
|Connector input file||Includes the raw data exported from Bizx into LMS. This is the data LMS will try to import using the connector|
System Admin -> Connectors -> Select affected connector -> click "Show archived input files"
- check the problematic values in the input file
- compare against values stored in Bizx
- compare against existing, valid values for that field already stored in LMS
- If values in the input file and Bizx do not match
- check the input file creation process (Provisioning access by Customer Support or Partners required)
- confirm the source - target mapping (e.g. is Bizx PROD mapped to LMS PROD)
- If values in Bizx and input file match
- check if the value is in a valid LMS format (see scenario above)
- in case of referenced fields, check if that value already exists in LMS. You can confirm if a field is referenced on not using the Connector Workbook
|IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS||IN PROGRESS|
SAP Note 83020: What is consulting, what is support