This page provides a template for deployment locations and shows how deployment locations link to content packages and content objects
Deployment locations can be set up to easily upload content to an FTP site such as the iContent server. If you use the import tool to import the content then you can specify a deployment location. When the content is imported new content objects and content packages will be created for this content.
- The first step to uploading content is to create a Deployment Location. This is done by going to Content > Deployment Locations
- Once you are here you can choose to Add New at the top of the page
- Now fill out the form using the below screenshot as a reference. If you have purchased space on the iContent server you should have received an email with the details for this server. Please note that the iContent Deployment Check box is there to send an email to the IContentNotificationEmailAddress in the CONTENT IMPORT config file. You can choose whether or not you want this checked depending if you want the notification to be sent or not.
- For the URL Prefix check KBA 2396085. Use the respective URL prefix that matches the SFTP that was emailed to you from the iContent team.
- Note that if you want a specific folder for all the content to be imported into, make sure to append a "/[foldername]" at the end. The example above has /import.
- In the Directory field use the folder location that was appended to the URL Prefix field.
- With the Deployment Location set up you can now use the Import Tool. It is available at Content > Tools > Import Tool
- Browse to the content that you would like to import
- If you check the box Deploy to content server then you can choose your new deployment location as the server location.
- Fill in the rest of the information as required and optionally choose to create a new Learning item for each content package.
- Click Import and if everything is successful the files should now be uploaded to the content server specified.
- Confirm that the item, content package, and content objects were created. Inside the content package that you specified, and the item that you specified you can find the content object ID(s)
- Go to Content > Content Packages and search for the Content Package ID
- Here you can get the Content Object IDs which can be used to search for Content Objects that were created
- Search for one of the content object IDs in Content > Content Objects
- The details on how the system will launch the content is in the Launch Method Tab. notice the URL Prefix should have been propagated here from the deployment location
- You should now be able to go to the Item that was created and assign the course. Courses should now be able to be launched by the users