The purpose of this page is to provide you some use cases related to the Performance Forms Field permissions configuration.
In this Document, we have an example of field permission configuration of a form with a self evaluation step, a manager evaluation step and the need for the manager's ratings and comments remain hidden from the employee once the form is completed.
A common need is to have a form with self evaluation step, a manager evaluation step and the completed step.
In this scenario, usually the manager should have permission to see the Employee Self evaluation, rate the form but also there is a need that the manager rating and comments remain hidden from the employee after the form completion.
In order to achieve this, is necessary to grant the proper permissions so the right people see only what they are meant to see. Having this in mind, please refer to the configuration below as an example.
In this example we have a route map with 3 steps: Self Evaluation, Manager Evaluation and the Completed step.
The need of the form is the following:
- The employee can rate in the self evaluation,
- The manager can see the employee's ratings and comments, rate the official form rating,
- In the completed step the Manager rating and comments should remain hidden from the employee but all should be visible for the Manager
For this we will have the below configuration:
- Route Map:
- Self Evaluation
- Manager Evaluation
- In the form we will have to link the Route Map and rating scale
- Then we can start to configure the Other's Rating tab permission in the "Show advanced options..."
- The first permission that we need to configure is a "none" Permission for the employee in all route steps as below.
This is because the completed step is not a step available for selection, then, is necessary to select the option "all", and then, we will grant the permission only to the steps that we wish the employee to see the fields
- Next is necessary to grant the Manager Permission.
This will be enabled for the Manager in All Route Steps because in the completed step we want that the manager still can see his ratings as the employee self evalution.
- With the Other's rating tab properly permission, we will permission the section fields
In the example below, we will not comment on the section, only in the items, this case we are configuring a Competency Section, so the users will be able to rate and comment on each specific competency.
Please note that the employee rates in the field "Subject Rating" and is also permission to write on the "item comments" meaning, each specific competency can have a comment.
For the Manager, we will grant the write permission to the "item rating" as well as the "item Comments" and in addition to this, we will add a "Read" permission for the "Subject Rating" field, to make sure that the manager can see the self evaluation rating of the Employee
When the form is in the Completed step, we will have the following scenario:
- Manager can see his ratings and comments as the ratings and comments from the employee.
- From the employee side, only the own ratings and comments will be visible.
Field Permission Configuration - Use cases
Form With Self Evaluation - Manager Comments enabled to the employee
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP KBA 2077252 : Field and Section Permissions in Manage Templates Show Advanced Options - PMGM
SAP KBA 2078697 : Other's Rating Tab Permissions - Performance Management
SAP KBA 2086753 : Manage Route Maps - Route Map List - Performance Management