The purpose of this page is to provide an overview of the Lineage Chart v12 and to act as a bridge to any content related to this feature.
The lineage chart offers you a way to examine overall succession coverage below a given incumbent or position. Lineage Chart helps analyze the likely effect before a high-level succession plan is taken into action.
In line with the overall SAP Fiori design standards, Lineage Chart offers a more intuitive and modern user experience.
Benefits of Lineage Chart v12
- In the previous version of the Lineage Chart, only four hierarchy levels of successors could be displayed. With Lineage Chart V12, users can see as many levels of successors as they want. Similar to Succession Org Chart V12, you can open the successors per node.
- Talent Card is available, by clicking the "card" icon next to the name of the user. If Talent Card is not yet configured, complete information on how to configure and use it can be found on "2536108 - Succession Management - Talent Cards - User Assistance Document Link". The Succession Talent Card configuration applies to both Succession Org Chart and Lineage Chart v12.
- You can mouse-over the talent flags in the users' node, to see detailed descriptions of each icon and field label.
- Print options are available via “Download as PDF” or “Download as image”.
- Adobe Flash technology is no longer required.
How to enable Lineage Chart v12?
- If Succession Lineage Report option is already enabled in Provisioning, Lineage Chart V12 is automatically enabled on Q1 2019 (1902 release).
- If Succession Lineage Report option is not yet enabled in Provisioning, contact your Implementation Partner. If you are no longer working with an Implementation Partner, contact SAP Cloud Support, as it is required to access Provisioning.
Partners & Cloud Support Only
To enable Lineage Chart v12, it is necessary to enable the following options, in Provisioning > Company Settings > Succession Lineage Report [requires Version 11 UI framework (ULTRA)
- Succession Org Chart Permission: Grants access to the Succession Org Chart and Lineage Chart tabs.
- Succession Management and Matrix Report Permissions: This permission controls the target population over which the granted user will be able to see successors and icons (talent flags). This permission requires a target population.
- Succession Planning Permission: This permission controls the target population over which the granted user will be able to add successors. If the checkbox "Allow succession planners to view successors on org chart nodes/position tile view" is enabled under Admin Center > Org Chart Configuration > Succession Org Chart, this permission will also grant access to see successors. This permission requires a target population.
- Succession Approval Permission: Only used if the "Nomination Approval Workflow" is enabled on the back end (provisioning). This permission controls the target population over which the granted user will be able to approve nominations and changes to nominations. This permission requires a target population. For more information on the Nomination Approval Workflow, refer to the Wiki Page Succession Nomination Approval Workflow.
NOTE: These permissions are also considered on Succession Org Chart, as Lineage Chart uses the same information.
The following fields will be shown in each box of lineage chart: Employee name, Employee Title, Number of Nominations, Talent Flags, Readiness, and Successors. The display of talent flags follows the configuration and permission of the Succession Org Chart.
Talent Flags (Icons)
Lineage Chart V12 icons are the same as Succession Org Chart V12 icons, configured in Provisioning. For information on how to configure the icons, refer to the Wiki Page Succession Org Chart - How to configure Icons?
The talent flags are displayed for each user shown, regardless whether it is the starting node user or a successor. There is no Employee Profile based permission check for these talent flags. All flags that are configured show for all employees.
The Talent Flags associated to each user can be viewed, by mousing over the incumbent or the successors on the Position Node, you can also see the legend for the icons, see the employee's title and the successor's readiness:
For internal successors, the profile icon calls the Talent Card. For external successors, the profile icon calls the recruiting candidate quickcard. Both cards can be accessed by clicking the "card" icon next to the name of the user:
The Talent Card will show the information for the same sections configured for Succession Org Chart. Detailed information on the Talent Card feature, can be found in Succession: Implementation and Administration Guide - Talent Cards.
Export to PDF or JPG
Similar to Succession Org Chart v12, the options to export the Lineage Chart v12 are available in the up-right corner of the page: