The purpose of this page is to explain how to configure icons for the Matrix Grid Reports, what fields are available and how to configure the Retirement Eligibility settings.
It's possible to display Succession indicators of the employees (Risk of Loss, Impact of Loss, Reason for Leaving, etc) as icons in the Matrix Grid Report for quick reference for Succession Planners. This page explains how to configure them.
How to configure icons for the Matrix Grid Report?
- Go to Admin Center > Succession > Matrix grid report icon configuration.
- Click “Add A New Field”.
- Select the desired field from the dropdown list (for the fields to appear in the list, they must be correctly defined in the Succession Data Model).
- Click “Ok”.
- Click “Take Action” > “Edit” next to the field you just added.
- Click “Change” next to the picklist options to select the icon.
- You can also define an alternative label for Excel, to show in the Matrix Grid exported file, by changing the language to "Default". The column "Alternate text for Excel export" is displayed:
NOTE: This will also be reflected in Calibration session exports.
- Apply the changes and click “Save Changes".
What fields are available to be configured as icons for the Matrix Grid Report?
The below list presents all the fields recognized in the matrix classifier configuration for icons on the Matrix Grid Reports. Boolean fields use true/false evaluators, while string fields use picklist IDs (and therefore must be configured to use picklists in the data model).
This category functions more like "key person" as it does not actually make a position a key position.
Same as "gender" in user import file
Configuration for this field is described below
This category is just a flag. It was the first version of talent pools and is not to be confused with MDF talent pools or talent pools associated with families and roles.
The fields from the above list will be available in the Matrix Grid Report Icon Configuration page if they are configured in the Succession Data Model. For the string type fields, they should have a picklist associated in the Succession Data Model, Otherwise you won’t be able to add them in the icon configuration.
- You can include up to 6 fields represented by icons in the Matrix Grid Reports.
- In Matrix Grid Report export, available fields in the "Employees" tab are the fields displayed in the "Display Options" + Employee's Full Name + Classification (which is the Employee's placement) and is also limited with the supported fields as described in the table above.
How to configure the Retirement Eligibility Settings and Icon?
Retirement Eligibility Settings:
- Go to Admin Center > Succession > Matrix Grid Reports: Retirement Eligibility Settings.
- Enter the retirement eligibility settings.
- Click “Save”.
Retirement Eligibility Icon XML configuration (**Internal/Implementation Partner use only**):
The Retirement Eligibility Icon is not available to be configured within Admin Center and should be configured in the back-end of the instance.
The following code snippet can be added to the Matrix Classifier configuration to add the Retirement Eligibility Icon:
<Category id="retirementDate" name="Eligible for retirement">