Frequently Asked Questions
Which SAP products are supported on SQL Server 2014?
SAP supports the following SAP products on SQL Server 2014 with a few exceptions:
- SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 and higher including all EHPs
- SAP products based on SAP NetWeaver 7.1 to 7.4 and higher including all EHPs
For release-specific information including the execptions, see SAP note 1966681 (SMP login required).
For more information about SAP products supported on SQL Server 2014, see the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) at http://support.sap.com/pam.
Which editions of Windows Server are supported with SQL Server 2014?
SAP supports SQL Server 2014 on Windows Server 2012 and higher.
You can find the information about supported Windows versions in the Product Availability Matrix (PAM) at: https://support.sap.com/pam.
Which editions of Windows Server are supported with SQL Server 2016?
Check out the FAQs for Windows Server on SAP on Microsoft Windows community.
Where do I find information about installing and running an SAP system on SQL Server 2014?
Read the following document: Upgrade to and Installation of SQL Server 2014 in an SAP Environment.
You can download it at: http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Database Upgrades -> MS SQL Server (SMP login required).
In addition, read the following SAP notes (SMP login required):
Are older SAP releases supported on SQL Server 2014?
SAP releases based on 4.6C, 6.20, and 6.40 are not supported on SQL Server 2014.
What are the benefits of using SQL Server 2014?
SQL Server 2014 introduces many new features and enhancements in all SQL Server components, including the following new features used by SAP:
- SQL Server Updateable Column-Store; for more information, see SAP note 2114876 (SMP login required)
- Buffer Pool Extension to SSD
- For non-SAP NetWeaver based products, database administrators can use the new Lock Priority option for manual database actions or scripted jobs.
- Enhancement to SQL Server AlwaysOn
- Enhanced monitoring continues to be implemented in DBA Cockpit
Is in-memory OLTP supported with SAP?
The In-Memory OLTP, previously known as Hekaton, is not supported by SAP NetWeaver based products.
Please provide any feedback or questions regarding the content under the current page comments. If you have an issue or is looking for help, try to post your question on SAP community with Microsoft SQL Server tag.
In order to leave comments, you must be logged on with your SAP account.