- Introduce background alert determination.
- This test case presents a scenario about how to save APO alert situations into .xls file format to a folder.
- (If the system setup allows it, the Saved Alert Situations can be exported to an excel sheet automatically to a folder or sent via mail).
- The scenario introduces how to proceed if the same alert profile's situation needs to be saved on different dates coming one after another.
- We have an Overall Alert Profile for testing. (ALERT_DB_PB)
- Use /N/SAPAPO/AMON1 transaction to display the current alerts.
- Now lets set up the Alert Profile for background determination:
Go To /N/SAPAPO/AMON1 / Favorite Management / Background processing tab
- Create an entry with your chosen Overall Profile and fill the required fields.
Here you can as well set up an ''E-mail'' address and ''Directory'', where the saved alerts will be exported. This requires basis level settings (RFC Connection, access to local directories)
- Go to transaction /n/sapapo/amo_batch
Define your selected alert profile and execute the report.
- Go back to //AMON1 to check ''Saved Alert Situations''
- Choose ''Export'' button / Spreasheet
- Choose format
- After that define directory folder to where you wish to save the file.
- The file is available in your folder.
- Suggestion for setting up a sequence of saved alert situatuon (eg. Daily/Weekly situations):
- You can set up multiple identically setup overall alert profiles with different names (eg. WEEK_1, WEEK_2, WEEK_3), get them ready for background processing, then order them in a sequence - which one when to execute.
- The saved results will be separated and displayed by names in this case. There is no option to save alert situations for the same alert profile in a sequence because of the following technical reasons.
- The alert situations are saved into the /SAPAPO/AMSAFTY by FM /SAPAPO/ATAB_TABLE_UPDATE. If an entry is already existing in the table with the alert profile name, then the FM performs a change statement.
- The actual alert entries are saved into generated tables with pattern /SCMB/AMOB* (the table name is referred from /SAPAPO/AMSAFTY)
- The entries in /SAPAPO/AMSAFTY table are differed based on ALERT_SET field - which makes them unique.
- To delete Saved Alert Situations please use the ''Information'' button and the ''bin'' object.