The purpose of this page is to explain the customizing to set an Inbound Process with Storage Control.
- Process-Oritented Storage Control purpose
- Inbound Process - Scenario
- Inbound Process - Customizing
- Function Modules
Storage Control enables complex Inbound, Outbound and Internal Movement scenarios.
With storage control you can implement additional processing steps (ex.: deconsolidation, quality inspection, unloading, couting, kitting, etc).
It gives you control over all the movements in your warehouse. Using it, you always know where the stock is and how it got there, by checking the WT.
For POSC (and LOSC), HUs are required!
Let's take the following example:
In this scenario we have a lot of flexibility:
- Several Warehouse Tasks (each WT represents one step of the storage control);
- Several Intermediate Storage can be used;
- Both HU and Product WTs are used;
- Inbound process is finished when the final storage type is reached (flag Stor. Ctrl./Put. Compl. is set for the storage type);
A sequence of external steps builds a process. For example:
Unload -> Decosonlidation → Putaway
Unload -> Count → Putaway
List of all the internal Process Steps that can be used in Inbound Process
There are simple steps, like unloading, and complex steps, like deconsolidation.
Complex step is a movement/activity that needs to be performed at a work center.
- To the delivery knows that the product has an active Storage Control, the information comes from the Warehouse Process Type and the process starts with an HU-WT.
Consolidation Group and Rule-based step
This applies for the cases which you have one Handling Unit with two different products, as in the following picture:
If there are two products that have different consolidation groups, packed inone single HU, the system knows that the products need to be unpacked and packed in a new HU.
The reason why the products cannot be kept together is because since they have different consolidation groups, they will go to different destination storage bins.
Complex Inbound Process with Storage Control - Customizing
List of necessary steps to customize a complex inbound process with storage control:
- Define process-oriented storage control
- Define storage process
- Assign external steps to storage process
- Define warehouse process type
- Enter storage process in warehouse process type
- Define control indicator for determining warehouse process type
- Enter control indicator in product master
- Set up determination of warehouse process type
- Specficy storage type search sequence for putaway
- Staging area and door determination
- Link warehouse process type and staging data
1. Define process-oriented storage control
SPRO → EWM → Cross-Process Settings → Warehouse Tasks → Define Process-Oriented Storage Control
a. Define Storage Process
b. Assign external steps to storage process
AutoLB - Determines whether a warehouse task will be created at closing of a step or not. If the Auto WT setting is not set, the warehouse task will have to be created manually.
Prod/LU - Create putaway tasks with this step and it's needed for deconsolidation.
Duration - Compute an estimate of the total processing time. It's needed for Labor Management.
1.1 External Step in Work Center
2. Define Warehouse Process Type
SPRO → EWM → Cross-Process Settings → Warehouse Tasks → Define Warehouse Process Type
a. Enter storage process in warehouse process type
3. Define control indicator for determining warehouse process type
SPRO → EWM → Cross-Process Settings → Warehouse Tasks → Define Control Indicators for Determining Warehouse Process Types
a. Enter control indicator in product master
b. Set up determination of warehouse process type
SPRO → EWM → Cross-Process Settings → Warehouse Tasks → Determine Warehouse Process Type
4. Specficy storage type search sequence for putaway
SPRO → EWM → Goods Receipt Process → Strategies → Storage Type Search → Specify Storage Type Search Sequence for Putaway (+ product master)
5. Staging area and door determination
a. Link warehouse process type and staging data
Internal Steps and Function Modules
/SCWM/WHR_GET_HU_INT (internal process)
Determine relevance to process-oriented storage control
Read routing profile
Read storage process
Determination of the destination location and process type for an external process step
Determine external process step
Get internal WT tables
Read internal storage process step
Activate product WTs
Recreation of Product-WTs
SAP Note 2332609: Putaway warehouse task remains in status "B - waiting" through immediate confirmation of WT for intermediate bin
SAP Note 2175219: Putaway warehouse task not activated after GR posting and external QM decision
SAP Note 2429061: Waiting HU WT for subHU created instead of open HU WT for topHU