The purpose of this WIKI is to explain the Master data in the SNP-APO.
This wiki will make an overview of the Master data settings in SNP-APO, showing the tabs and explaining important fields to configure.
The planners can access the capacity leveling by the following transactions:
- Change mode: /sapapo/mat1
- Display mode: /sapapo/rrp3
Master data is the core data that is essential to operations in a specific business or business unit.
Master data is the essential data (about products, locations, resources, production process models (PPMs), and so on) that is necessary to build a supply chain model and execute planning.
Using the Master data, the planners can transform the model business information in to tangible data to the system process.
This tab is responsible for the horizons of the business.
•SNP Production Horizon: SNP does not create any planned orders in the Production (planned) key figure, but moves production to the first day after this horizon.
Obs: The horizon starts on the system date or date defined in the Planning Start Date field of the planning book.
In this tab the planners can adjust the minimum lot size and de maximum lot size according to the process constraints.
- Minimum Lot Size: This value specifies the minimum quantity for each order.
- Maximum Lot Size: This value specifies the maximum quantity for each order.
You can enter a factor between 0 and 1, where 0 is the start of the period, 0.5 the middle, and 1 the end of the period.
To use this fator you must to set the flag “Use period factor”
- F - external procurement: run the plan to a external location
- E - in-house planning: run the plan into the locarion
- X - external or in-house production: run the plan both in a in-house location and external location
Obs:If you do not enter anything in the field, the system assumes X.
Here, the planner can adjust the good receipt and good issue processing times according to the process constraints.
- Good Issue Processing Time: The time between issuing the product from storage and transporting it.
- Good Receipt Processing Time: The time between the delivery or the production of a product and its availability as stock.
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP Note 1809718 - Don't check master data changes in SNP interactive planning
SAP Note 577038 - Data inconsistencies in SNP