- Need scientific input? Read this paper from Dr. Stephan Kolassa - SAP’s UDF Data Scientist and find out why there is no best forecast…
Why the “best” point forecast depends on the error or accuracy measure
- F&R Config Guide Updated version now in note 2393815
- April 5 in London - Free Workshop Retail Demand Forecasting and Data Science - Dr. Stephan Kolassa - SAP’s UDF Data Scientist – spoke about ‘Forecasting the Future of Retail Forecasting’ - Recap needed?
- How to find in an efficient way the best reference when forecasting a new product in F&R? Automated Reference Product Detection is the answer
Check this new Engineered Service and optimize your forecasting!
- F&R powered by UDF. Check out note 2367172 that contains a detailed integration guide. UDF combines the strenghts of various forecasting methods to supply demand forecasts to many Retail applications such as Promotion Planning for Retail, Assortment Planning and now also SAP F&R. SAP HANA gives the appropiate technology to consider data on an extremely granular leve as well as to fill in gaps with Bayesian technology. Along with other features such as what-if forecasting capabilities and SAP Fiori based analysis app it offers a breakthrough in predictive anayltics and demand integration for Retail.
- Do you want to get more insight into UDF, for example discover ist Benefits before implementing it? The SAP Retail Data Science CoE can help.
- How beautiful and easy is SAP F&R store order review in conjunction with SAP In-store Merchandising?
Look at the newly enhanced SAP Fiori Order Products App and find more information in note 2393342 and the Fiori Reference Library
SAP Forecasting & Replenishment (SAP F&R) is a key solution which drives efficient inventories in stores and DC of retailers. SAP F&R allows planning and executing inventory strategies on a global basis. With its advanced multilevel replenishment capabilities it allows streamlining inventories along the supply chain and lower overall inventory levels and cost while optimizing fulfillment rates.
Watch these short videos to learn more about SAP F&R
SAP F&R provides the following capabilities:
- Sophisticated demand forecast: The forecasting calculations include automated consideration of trends, seasonality and demand influencing factors such as promotions or specific holidays with significant impact on the sales curve.
- Automated replenishment with flexible safety stock policy and optimization features for orders, such as Truck Load Building or Economic Order Quantity.
- Efficient DC replenishment driven by rolling store order forecasts up to the DC level for a most precise consideration of future demand.
- Alert-driven manual interventions to support the high degree of automation throughout all of the processes.
- Add-on for fresh products requirements
- Standard analytics content within SAP Business Warehouse to monitor the quality of the processes and of the solution implementation.
- Scalability and management of high data volumes.
SAP F&R automatically provides the purchasing system (e.g. SAP Retail) with optimized order proposals.
- What's the recipe for fresher food, 20 % less waste and happier employees? Maxima Group found it by using SAP Forecasting and Replenishment, add-on for Fresh products
- Elkjøp Nordic: 20 Percent Increase in Availability Through Better Replenishment Planning
- Megafon Retail talks about their SAP implementation including SAP F&R
- Read how UK retailer Greggs , the Newcastle-based food-to-go bakery, uses SAP forecasting to streamline its business operations.
- Lower costs and more revenue with sales based ordering - read what COOP Switzerland achieves with SAP F&R including Fresh
- Foodstuffs: Learn how the New Zealand grocery retailer Foodstuffs is improving customer expirience with SAP F&R
- Find out how F&R can enable a business transformation process in the case of Rimi Baltic
- Grupo Ramos is optimizing their supply chain with SAP F&R
- B&Q deploys SAP’s forecasting and replenishment application
- Read how dm Drogeriemarkt uses SAP F&R and SAP CAR side by side to use real time sales inventory data for better customer experience
- SAP F&R Solution Brief - Want a general overview of SAP F&R? Then this is the document for you
- Quantifying the Benefits of Deploying SAP Forecasting and Replenishment
Discover how retailers can use an innovative analytics service from SAP to quantify the potential value of using SAP Forecasting and Replenishment – before deploying the software
- Beyond SAP F&R: How can you find out the root causes for over and out of stocks? Inventory Diagnostics for Retail is the answer for this!
- SAP F&R, Add-on for fresh products is available with a new version including intraday replenishment since Nov 2016 - Fresh_20_Fact Sheet Customer.pdf
SAP Retail Trainings include also Training for SAP F&R: check the dates for the upcoming F&R classroom trainings 2019:
The SAP for Retail Education program is available on the on the SAP Community Network: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/Retail/Worldwide+Retail+training+curriculum
- There are many services available around SAP F&R such as trainings, implementation guidance and parameter optimization. If you are interested in fine-tuning your forecast with regards to demand influencing factors, you can find more Information here: Analysis of Product related DIF as well as Optimization of Location DIF
- NEW: Check for small improvements this new collective note which will be updated on a regular basis
'F&R improvements and recommendations' note 2335048
- Do you want to use main and supplementary order and delivery days in order to achieve for example a better workload distribution over the week? Note 2468391 explains this feature and how to install it.
- S/4 OP1610 and SAP F&R work together - details see note 2352544
- SAP F&R is available on SAP HANA- for more information see note 1927627
- General maintenance of SAP F&R 5.2 is extended to 2025 Details can be found in the PAM PAM SAP F&R 5.2 and note 2240592 .
- Online Help: SAP F&R 5.2 Online Help , Fresh
- Configuration Guide Updated version now in note 2393815
- Connectivity: SAP F&R 5.2 / API Documentation : Read this document if you want to use SAP F&R integrated with any other ERP than SAP Retail
- Connectivity: Mapping Documentation for SAP ERP 6.0 EhP 6 for Retail / SAP F&R 5.2: This document contains information for the data transformation and transmission between SAP ERP 6.0 EhP 6 for Retail and SAP F&R 5.2
- Check reports operation guide Check Report Guide This guide documents how the check reports work and how they have to be operated.
- SCM 7 EhP2 information area in the Help Portal containing links to security guides and more
- Support Package Schedule: Check out the support package stack schedule of the different releases.
- SAP SMP Sizing - Helps you find sizing estimations for SAP F&R 5.2 (including update for SAP HANA and Fresh Add-on)
Click on “Sizing Guidelines”
Click on “Industries” Select “SAP Forecast & Replenishment”
Selected Articles & Blogs
- How to assess SAP F&R's value
- UDF - Sophisticated, automated and precise forecast in retail - from fresh to Fashion
- Development update - recent innovations for SAP Forecasting and Replenishment
- SAP F&R Best Practices for Solution Operations - Helps you to set up a business process monitoring concept and to manage your solution operations.
- Best Practices for Runtime Optimization in SAP Forecasting and Replenishment - Use this document to find a collection of typical functional, organizational and configuration aspects to be considered regarding performance, runtime and data volume in an SAP F&R scenario integrated with SAP Retail. It will help you to configure and use the system to achieve the best results while reducing processing time. Note: The document includes recommendations up to release SAP F&R 5.1 (but has still valuable content).
- Best Practice: Performance Optimization for SAP F&R - This Best Practice document is a collection of recommendations with the goal to solve performance issues and to safeguard the performance of your SAP F&R solution. It combines application, customizing and technical aspects and covers the most important SAP F&R business process steps from SAP ERP Retail, SAP F&R, and the integrated RWBS / Store UI (Web Dynpro) and CPFR collaborative planning parts. The collection is based on SAP's knowledge that was acquired in several years of working together with customers on their performance issues. Note: The document includes recommendations up to release SAP F&R 5.1 (but has still valuable Content)
Highlighted Notes for SAP F&R Consultants for SAP F&R 5.0 - SAP F&R 5.2
- Please click here for a selection of highlighted notes for solution consultants. Access to the notes requires SMP credentials.
Further SAP F&R Information - please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
See further Retail news on the SAP Retail Community page: http://www.sap.com/community/topic/retail.html