This post is used for ongoing SAP customer communications related to SAP Integrated Business Planning major release upgrades.
For CPI-DS upgrades, please see this link.
For the upgrade process and communication Information, please see this link.
Upcoming Planned Major Upgrades
- SAP IBP 1811: Applied to Customer Systems November 9 to November 24, 2018 (Planned Release to Hosting November 6, 2018)
- SAP IBP 1902: Applied to Customer Systems February 8 to February 25, 2019 (Planned Release to Hosting February 5, 2019)
- SAP IBP 1905: Applied to Customer Systems May 10 to May 27, 2019 (Planned Release to Hosting May 7, 2019)
- SAP IBP 1908: Applied to Customer Systems August 9 to August 26, 2019 (Planned Release to Hosting August 6, 2019)
- SAP IBP 1911: Applied to Customer Systems November 8 to November 25, 2019 (Planned Release to Hosting November 5, 2019)
Upgrade Wave Approach:
- Wave 1: All Test Tenants
- Wave 2: Starter Edition, Partner Test and Demo, PoC Tenants
- Wave 3: All Production Tenants
Note: Wave 1 = Weekend 1 Post Release; Wave 2 = Weekend 2 Post Release; Wave 3 = Weekend 3 Post Release
|Wave 1||Feb 8, 2019||May 10, 2019||August 9, 2019||November 8, 2019|
|Wave 2||Feb 15, 2019||May 17, 2019||August 16, 2019||November 15, 2019|
|Wave 3||Feb 22, 2019||May 24, 2019||August 23, 2019||November 22, 2019|
- Skipping of upgrades is no longer supported.
- Customers should consider planning their business and project activities around the standard upgrade dates.
Upcoming Planned Regular Maintenance
Note: HFC (Hot Fix Collection) = SP (Support Pack)
Contract Maintenance Period Customer Deployment
|Patch Collection Information Note|
|Nov 17 / Nov 18||SAP Note 2647318|
|Dec 1 / Dec 2|
|Dec 22/ Dec 23|
|Jan 12/ Jan 13|
|Jan 26/ Jan 27|
HFC deployments run within local CMP (UTC) of the Data Center.
SUN 04:00 UTC to 08:00 UTC
SAT 22:00 UTC to SUN 02:00 UTC
SAT 00:00 UTC to 04:00 UTC
Future timings of upgrades are subject to change.
Maintenance and Service Level Agreement Document : LINK
Published SAP Integrated Business Planning Roadmap: LINK
Upgrade Communication and Planning Guidelines
- Upgrade notifications are sent to system administrator contacts.
- Emails are sent from: email@example.comTip: make sure your email software doesn’t block this email address to avoid it going to your SPAM/Junk Mail email.
- Specific schedule of customer system updates will be communicated via email.
- SAP provides code fix support only for "n-1" versions. ie. when a new version (version "n") is "Released to Hosting," support is dropped for the "n-2" version.
- Upgrade notifications are only provided for major release upgrades.
- Hot Fix Collections (HFC) and Emergency Patches (EP) are applied during the regular Contract Maintenance Period. Customer communications are not provided for HFC or EPs.
Upgrade NOTIFICATION for SAP Integrated Business Planning
As part of SAP’s continued commitment to provide you with high value applications, we will be upgrading SAP Integrated Business Planning 1808 systems to SAP Integrated Business Planning 1811. For more information, please see:
- Upgrade window: Friday 10 PM Local Data Center Time to Monday 3 AM Local Data Center Time
- Expect your systems to be unavailable during this period. This is consistent with the contracted maintenance windows.
- SAP will apply this upgrade in November 2018 (see above).
Activation of Planning Area
- Generally, you do not need to reactivate your planning areas when you upgrade. However, you may have to reactivate to take advantage of certain capabilities. Please review What’s New in 1811 for more information (available as of RTC, planned November 6).
- For additional activation guidance, please review the model configuration guide (available as of RTC). If activation ends with an error you cannot solve, please create a customer incident.
- The upgrade generally does not require that you install the new version of the IBP Excel add-in. You can decide to install the new version at any time, for example, when you wish to use the new features that are available with the new add-in version. For more information, see What’s New in 1811 (available as of RTC, planned for November 6).
- Customers can download and install the latest Excel add-in version on the SAP Support Portal. For more information about restrictions related to the IBP Excel add-in, please check SAP Note 2647415.
- To apply the latest version of the Excel add-in, please uninstall your current Excel add-in and re-install the new Integrated Business Planning Excel add-in. For more information on how to install the Excel add-in see Setting Up the IBP Excel Add-In (Administrators) and Setting Up the IBP Excel Add-In (Business Users).
- For guidance on packaging and deploying the Excel add-in to end users, please see SAP Note 2114654.
- For supported configurations and prerequisites, please see SAP Note 2135948.
- For the IBP 1802 and higher versions of the IBP Excel add-in, you download a zip-archive from the SAP Support Portal , in which you find:
- IBP_Add-in_NET45_x64.exe: This file installs the IBP add-in as a single ribbon for 64-bit Excel installations
- IBP_Add-in_NET45_x86.exe: This file installs the IBP add-in as a single ribbon for 32-bit Excel installations
- IBP_Add-In_SbS_x86: This file installs the IBP ribbon as an additional ribbon next to the EPM ribbon (side-by-side installer) for 32-bit Excel installations
- IBP_Add-In_SbS_x64: This file installs the IBP ribbon as an additional ribbon next to the EPM ribbon (side-by-side installer) for 64-bit Excel installations
- For a list of available IBP Excel add-in versions and the features they contain, please see SAP Note 2394311.
Activities after the upgrade
- System administrators should note that import/export between systems of different versions or support packages is not possible.
- For mandatory tasks that your administrators/configuration experts need to perform after the upgrade to 1811 please see the What’s New in 1811. To find these tasks, filter the table for Mandatory task after upgrade. In 1811, there are tasks in the following business areas: data integration, demand planning, time-series-based supply planning, and order-based planning.
Questions? Who you should contact.
- For upgrade planning questions, please submit a customer incident using component: SCM-IBP-OPS-SRV. Scheduling changes must be submitted by Thursday 6AM EST weekend before the planned scheduled major release upgrade.
- For application and technical support, please use standard SAP support (support.sap.com).
- For SAP IBP Automated Testing Service, please contact SAP Services Team