This post is used for ongoing SAP customer communications related to SAP Integrated Business Planning major release upgrades.
For CPI-DS Major Release upgrades, please see this link. (Please note that SAP IBP and CPI-DS share the same Regular Maintenance Periods)
For the upgrade process and communication Information, please see this link.
Upcoming Planned Major Upgrades
- SAP IBP 1908: Applied to Customer Systems August 9 to August 26, 2019 (Planned Release to Hosting August 6, 2019)
- SAP IBP 1911: Applied to Customer Systems November 8 to November 25, 2019 (Planned Release to Hosting November 5, 2019)
- SAP IBP 2002: Applied to Customer Systems February 1 to February 16, 2020 (Planned Release to Hosting January 30, 2020)
- SAP IBP 2005: Applied to Customer Systems May 2 to May 17, 2020 (Planned Release to Hosting April 30, 2020)
- SAP IBP 2008: Applied to Customer Systems August 1 to August 16, 2020 (Planned Release to Hosting July 30, 2020)
Upgrade Wave Approach:
- Wave 1: All Test Tenants
- Wave 2: Starter Edition, Partner Test and Demo, PoC Tenants
- Wave 3: All Production Tenants
Note: Wave 1 = Weekend 1 Post Release; Wave 2 = Weekend 2 Post Release; Wave 3 = Weekend 3 Post Release
|Wave 1||August 9, 2019||November 8, 2019||February 1, 2020||May 2 2020||August 1, 2020||October 31, 2020|
|Wave 2||August 16, 2019||November 15, 2019||February 8, 2020||May 9, 2020||August 8, 2020||November 7, 2020|
|Wave 3||August 23, 2019||November 22, 2019||February 15, 2020||May 16, 2020||August 15, 2020||November 14, 2020|
- Skipping of upgrades is no longer supported.
- Customers should consider planning their business and project activities around the standard upgrade dates.
Asia Pacific and Japan: FRI 9 p.m. – SAT 9 p.m. UTC
Europe: SAT 4 a.m. – SUN 4 a.m. UTC
Americas: SAT 10 a.m. – SUN 10 a.m. UTC
Upcoming Planned Regular Maintenance
Note: HFC (Hot Fix Collection) = SP (Support Pack)
Contract Maintenance Period Customer Deployment
Patch Collection Information Note
Aug 16 / Aug 18
SAP Note 2756552
Sep 6 / Sep 8
Sep 20 / Sep 22
Oct 4 / Oct 6
Oct 18 / Oct 20
HFC deployments run within local CMP (UTC) of the Data Center.
SUN 04:00 UTC to 08:00 UTC
SAT 22:00 UTC to SUN 02:00 UTC
SAT 15:00 UTC – Sat 19:00 UTC
FRI 19:00 UTC to FRI 23:00 UTC
Future timings of upgrades are subject to change.
Maintenance and Service Level Agreement Document : LINK
Published SAP Integrated Business Planning Roadmap: LINK
Upgrade Communication and Planning Guidelines
- Upgrade notifications are sent to system administrator contacts.
- Emails are sent from: firstname.lastname@example.orgTip: make sure your email software doesn’t block this email address to avoid it going to your SPAM/Junk Mail email.
- Specific schedule of customer system updates will be communicated via email.
- SAP provides code fix support only for "n-1" versions. ie. when a new version (version "n") is "Released to Hosting," support is dropped for the "n-2" version.
- Upgrade notifications are only provided for major release upgrades.
- Hotfix Collections (HFC) and Emergency Patches (EP) are applied during the regular Contract Maintenance Period. Customer communications are not provided for HFC or EPs.
Upgrade NOTIFICATION for SAP Integrated Business Planning
As part of SAP’s continued commitment to provide you with high value applications, we will be upgrading SAP Integrated Business Planning 1905 systems to SAP Integrated Business Planning 1908. For more information, please see:
- Before RTC on August 6: sneak preview for 1908 (preliminary What's New)
- As of RTC on August 6: What’s New in 1908
- Planned for July 18: What’s New webinar
- As of RTC on August 6: Release restrictions note 2756572
- Expect your systems to be unavailable during this period. This is consistent with the contracted maintenance windows.
- SAP will apply this upgrade (see the Upgrade Planned Maintenance section above).
Activation of Planning Area
- Generally, you do not need to reactivate your planning areas when you upgrade. However, you may have to reactivate to take advantage of certain capabilities. For more information, please review the sneak preview or the What's New (links above).
- For additional activation guidance, please review the model configuration guide (available as of RTC). If activation ends with an error you cannot solve, please create a customer incident.
Activities after the upgrade
- System administrators should note that import/export between systems of different versions or support packages is not possible.
- For mandatory tasks that your administrators/configuration experts need to perform after the upgrade to 1908, please see the sneak preview or the What's New (links above). To find these tasks, filter the table for Mandatory task after upgrade. In 1908, there are tasks in the following business areas: purging of key figure data, data integration, demand-driven replenishment, inventory optimization, model configuration, order-based planning.
- PLEASE NOTE: In 1908, we've introduced in the What's New Table the new type "Must know." It is used to communicate disruptive changes that do not require an immediate follow-up after the upgrade (like items classified with Mandatory task after upgrade) but that you need to have in mind if you create objects or start processes after the upgrade. For this reason, you need to take note of these items immediately after the upgrade.
SAP IBP applications that use UI5 technology (non-Fiori web applications), such as, the Configuration UI, may require a clearing of the browser cache as described in SAP Note 2264167. This is particularly important after an upgrade because then the already downloaded and cached code on client (customer side) might no longer be in sync with the enhanced code on server side. It is not possible for SAP to clear the cache automatically after an upgrade. Note that the Configuration UI clears related cached data weekly, on Sunday at midnight. If you need to check the upgrade results earlier, you need to perform the process manually.
- The upgrade generally does not require that you install the new version of the IBP Excel add-in. You can decide to install the new version at any time, for example, when you wish to use the new features that are available with the new add-in version. For more information, see the sneak preview or the What's New (links above).
As already announced in the What's New for 1902, we plan a stepwise update and subsequent phase-out of older versions of the underlying protocols and authenticating standards for SAP Integrated Business Planning. This also affects the IBP Excel add-in. As of June 2019, the 1711.2.0 version of the IBP Excel add-in will be the lowest possible version that users can use to log on to IBP. With IBP 1911, we will raise this lowest allowed version once again - to the 1808.2.0 version of the IBP Excel add-in. Users who try to log on with an older version will receive an error message and must upgrade their version of the IBP Excel add-in. You can use the System Monitoring app to check the IBP Excel add-in versions your users are using to log on to the IBP system, and whether you need to take action. For more information about the changes in June, see SAP Knowledge Base Article 2723410.
- Customers can download and install the latest Excel add-in version on the SAP Support Portal. For more information about restrictions related to the IBP Excel add-in, please check SAP Note 2647415.
- To apply the latest version of the Excel add-in, please uninstall your current Excel add-in and re-install the new Integrated Business Planning Excel add-in. For more information on how to install the Excel add-in, see Setting Up the IBP Excel Add-In (Administrators) and Setting Up the IBP Excel Add-In (Business Users).
- For guidance on packaging and deploying the Excel add-in to end users, please see SAP Note 2114654.
- For supported configurations and prerequisites, please see SAP Note 2135948.
- For IBP 1802 and higher versions of the IBP Excel add-in, you download a zip-archive from the SAP Support Portal , in which you find:
- IBP_Add-in_NET45_x64.exe: This file installs the IBP add-in as a single ribbon for 64-bit Excel installations
- IBP_Add-in_NET45_x86.exe: This file installs the IBP add-in as a single ribbon for 32-bit Excel installations
- IBP_Add-In_SbS_x86: This file installs the IBP ribbon as an additional ribbon next to the EPM ribbon (side-by-side installer) for 32-bit Excel installations
- IBP_Add-In_SbS_x64: This file installs the IBP ribbon as an additional ribbon next to the EPM ribbon (side-by-side installer) for 64-bit Excel installations
- For a list of available IBP Excel add-in versions and the features they contain, please see SAP Note 2394311.
Questions? Who you should contact.
- For upgrade planning questions, please submit a customer incident using component: SCM-IBP-OPS-SRV.
- Any 1908 upgrade-related questions and requests need to be submitted by August 6, 2019. SAP will not be able to support requests after this date.
- For application and technical support, please use standard SAP support (support.sap.com).
- For SAP IBP Automated Testing Service, please contact SAP Services Team
Start Time in UTC per region
APJ: SAT 3 pm UTC
Europe: SAT 10 pm UTC
Americas: SUN 4 am UTC