This post is used for ongoing SAP customer communications related to major release upgrades of SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain.
For CPI-DS Major Release upgrades, please see this link. (Please note that SAP IBP and CPI-DS share the same Regular Maintenance Periods)
For the upgrade process and communication Information, please see this link.
Upcoming Planned Major Upgrades
- Weekend 1: All Test Tenants, Starter Edition, Partner Test and Demo, and PoC Tenants
- Weekend 2: All Production Tenants
Note: Weekend 1 = Weekend 1 Post Release; Weekend 2 = Weekend 2 Post Release
|Weekend 1||August 7, 2021||October 30, 2021||February 5, 2022||May 7, 2022||Aug 6, 2022||October 29, 2022|
|Weekend 2||August 21, 2021||November 13, 2021||February 19, 2022||May 21, 2022||Aug 20, 2022||November 12, 2022|
- Skipping and/or deferring upgrades is no longer supported.
- Customers should consider planning their business and project activities around the standard upgrade dates.
Asia Pacific and Japan: FRI 9 p.m. – SAT 9 p.m. UTC
Europe: SAT 4 a.m. – SUN 4 a.m. UTC
Americas: SAT 10 a.m. – SUN 10 a.m. UTC
Upcoming Planned Regular Maintenance
Note: HFC (Hot Fix Collection) = SP (Support Pack)
Contract Maintenance Period Customer Deployment
Patch Collection Information Note
August 21, 2021 / August, 22 2021
SAP Note 3047961
September 04, 2021 / September, 05 2021
September 18, 2021 / September, 19 2021
October 02, 2021 / October, 03 2021
Contract Maintenance Period Customer Deployment
Patch Collection Information Note
May 22, 2021 / May, 23 2021
SAP Note 3017661
Jun 05, 2021 / Jun, 06 2021
Jun 19, 2021 / Jun, 20 2021
Jul 03, 2021 / Jul, 04 2021
|HFC07||Jul 17, 2021 / Jul, 18 2021|
HFC deployments run within local CMP (UTC) of the Data Center.
SUN 04:00 UTC to 08:00 UTC
SAT 22:00 UTC to SUN 02:00 UTC
SAT 15:00 UTC – Sat 19:00 UTC
FRI 19:00 UTC to FRI 23:00 UTC
Future timings of upgrades are subject to change.
Maintenance and Service Level Agreement Document : LINK
Published SAP Integrated Business Planning Roadmap: LINK
Upgrade Communication and Planning Guidelines
- Upgrade notifications are sent to system administrator contacts.
- Emails are sent from: email@example.comTip: make sure your email software doesn’t block this email address to avoid it going to your SPAM/Junk Mail email.
- Specific schedule of customer system updates will be communicated via email.
- SAP provides code fix support only for "n-1" versions. ie. when a new version (version "n") is "Released to Hosting," support is dropped for the "n-2" version.
- Upgrade notifications are only provided for major release upgrades.
- Hotfix Collections (HFC) and Emergency Patches (EP) are applied during the regular Contract Maintenance Period. Customer communications are not provided for HFC or EPs.
Upgrade NOTIFICATION for SAP Integrated Business Planning for Supply Chain
As part of SAP’s continued commitment to provide you with high value applications, we will be upgrading SAP IBP 2105 systems to SAP IBP 2108 For more information, please see:
- Available as of July 9, 2021: sneak preview for 2108 (preliminary What's New)
- Scheduled for July: What’s New customer webinars for 2108
- Part 1 - Foundation, Planning UIs and Technical Topics
- Part 2 - Applications and Business Processes (Demand, Inventory, etc.)
- Available August 4, 2021 (RTC):
- Expect your systems to be unavailable during this period. This is consistent with the contracted maintenance windows.
- SAP will apply this upgrade (see the Upgrade Planned Maintenance section above).
Activation of Planning Area
- We recommend to activate your planning areas every 90 days or with every new release. This is needed to enable further features and to improve performance. To find out when your planning areas were last activated, go to the Planning Areas app, and search for the planning area you are interested in. You can find the date of the last activation in the Activated On column. → Model Configuration Guide
Activities after the upgrade
- System administrators should note that transports will only work between systems on identical SAP IBP Release and HFC (Hot Fix Collection). This means transports are not possible in the period between Test (Weekend 1) and Production tenant upgrade (Weekend 3).
- After the Production tenant is upgraded it will be on HFC #3 whereas the Test tenant will still be on HFC #2. The Test tenant will receive HFC #3 during the Contract Maintenance Period (CMP). As mentioned in the paragraph above transports between tenants with different HFC patches won´t work. Therefore customers should wait before releasing any transports from the Test to Production tenants until the CMP is over. Please see above HFC deployment section for CMP Schedule.
- For mandatory tasks that your administrators/configuration experts need to perform after the upgrade to 2105, please see the sneak preview or the What's New (links above). To find these tasks, filter the table for Mandatory task after upgrade. Filter for Must Know to identify disruptive changes that you need to have in mind if you want to set up new processes or create new objects after the upgrade.
SAP IBP applications that use UI5 technology (non-Fiori web applications), such as, the Configuration UI, may require a clearing of the browser cache as described in SAP Note 2264167. This is particularly important after an upgrade because then the already downloaded and cached code on client (customer side) might no longer be in sync with the enhanced code on server side. It is not possible for SAP to clear the cache automatically after an upgrade. Note that the Configuration UI clears related cached data weekly, on Sunday at midnight. If you need to check the upgrade results earlier, you need to perform the process manually.
SAP IBP, add-in for Microsoft Excel
- The upgrade to SAP IBP 2108 does not require you to install the new version of the Excel add-in immediately. You can install it at a later time, for example, when you wish to use the new features that are available with the new add-in version. For more information about new features, see the sneak preview or the What's New (links above).
If you decide to use the Excel add-in 2005 or higher, make sure that you upgrade all of your users from add-in versions older than 2005.
You must do this because any templates or favorites that have been updated or created by a user with the add-in version 2005 or higher can no longer be opened in previous add-in versions, due to fundamental technical changes in the 2005 version. For more information, see the What's New for 2005, or this Meet the Expert webinar.
We recommend using the newest Excel add-in version 2108.2.0 only after your SAP IBP system is upgraded to version 2108. Once your SAP IBP test system is upgraded, you may install the newest Excel add-in and run your upgrade tests. Please note that if an SAP IBP system is still on version n-1, for example. 2105.2.0, and the newest Excel add-in version n, for example, 2108.2.0 is used to log into the system, it might happen that some functionalities do not work as before. For this reason, make sure that your SAP IBP productive system is upgraded before using the newest Excel add-in version productively.
You can download and install the latest Excel add-in version from the SAP Support Portal. The zip archive that you download contains the following .exe files that install the Excel add-in as a single ribbon:
IBP_Add-in_NET45_x64.exe for 64-bit Excel installations
IBP_Add-in_NET45_x86.exe for 32-bit Excel installations
The additional Side-by-Side (SbS) installers are deprecated as of version 2005. As of SAP IBP, add-in for Microsoft Excel 2005.2.0, you can use the above-mentioned installers for both SAP IBP standalone and side-by-side installations with SAP EPM-based add-in scenarios.
For a list of available Excel add-in versions and the features they contain, please see SAP Note 2394311.
A comprehensive feature deep dive and end-user guide for the Excel add-in can be found on the SAP Help Portal. You can also open the guide directly from the Excel add-in, from the About group of the SAP IBP ribbon by choosing Help -> Open SAP IBP End-User Guide. The guide is also available in SAP Note 2740969.
- For more information on how to install the Excel add-in, see Setting Up the SAP Integrated Business Planning, Add-In for Microsoft Excel (Administrators) and Setting Up the SAP Integrated Business Planning, Add-In for Microsoft Excel (Business Users). Note the following:
- If your current Excel add-in version is 1908 or higher, use the upgrade mechanism for changing to the higher version. You don't need to uninstall the current version.
- If the current version is lower than 1908, you must uninstall it before installing the higher version.
- For supported configurations and prerequisites, see SAP Note 2135948.
- For guidance on packaging and deploying the Excel add-in to end users, see SAP Note 2114654.
- The minimum supported Excel add-in version is 1808.2.0. Users who try to log on with an older version will receive an error message and must upgrade their version of the Excel add-in. To see which Excel add-in versions are used by your users and to take action, if necessary, you can use the System Monitoring -> Session Statistics for Excel Add-In app in the SAP IBP backend. This app does not only display the Excel add-in versions, but also the user names associated to these versions. For more information, see System Monitoring and SAP Knowledge Base Article 2723410.
For more information about restrictions related to the Excel add-in, please check the release restriction note for SAP IBP 2108 (SAP Note 3048006, available as of May 5, 2021).
Questions? Who you should contact.
- For upgrade planning questions, please submit a customer incident using component: SCM-IBP-OPS-SRV.
- Any questions and requests related to the 2108 upgrade need to be submitted by August 2nd, 2021. SAP will not be able to support requests after this date.
- For application and technical support, please use standard SAP support (support.sap.com).
- For SAP IBP Automated Testing Service, please contact SAP Services Team
Start Time in UTC per region
APJ: SAT 3 pm UTC
Europe: SAT 10 pm UTC
Americas: SUN 4 am UTC