Explain in details about the necessary customizing settings at SD side to realize business process of Intercompany billing - posting to vendor account using EDI.
Provide a clear guidance for the relevant customzing settings in addition to SAP note 31126.
Detailed steps showing about how to set up EDI output correctly for vendor invoice process in intercompany billing scenario.
This is an intercompany billing scenario:
How to set up the relevant customizing at SD side?
1.Create a vendor master record that represents the delivering company code. This vendor master record must be created in the selling company code.
For this, vendor 8011 was created in company code 0001 which represents the delivering company code 1000.
2. Check the output type settings (T-code NACE):
3. Check output determination procedure settings(T-code: NACE):
For billing type IV, procedure V40000 is assigned(T-code: VOFA):
4. In the customer master of internal customer, vendor should be maintained in field “Acct at cust.”(T-code: XD02):
5. Partner profiles - Outbound processing settings (T-code: WE20)
5.1 Create partner profiles for internal customer:
5.2 Add outbound parameters for KU partner 9011:
5.3 Partner role should be BP, Message Type: INOVIC, Message code: FI, Basic type: INVOIC02, Receiver port also need to be entered:
5.4 Switch to “Message Control” tab, enter in message control data:
Message type: RD04
Process code: SD08 <<< This is important!
SD09 CANNOT be used here.
SD08 points to idoc_output_invoic_iv_mm - intercompany billing
While SD09 points to idoc_output_invoic - output SD invoice
If you double click on the process code 'SD08', the relevant function module will be displayed:
FM IDOC_OUTPUT_INVOIC_IV_MM belongs to SD-EDI.
6. Partner profiles - Inbound processing settings(T-code: WE20)
6.1 Create partner profile for vendor 8011:
6.2 Add inbound parameters for partner 8011
Message type: INVOIC
Message code: FI
Process code: INVF
FM IDOC_INPUT_INVOICE_FI belongs to FI.
7. A vendor must be assigned for each company code and ICB customer. You can make this assignment in Customizing:
Logical address 10000000009011
This consists of:
a) Delivering company code consisting of four digits: 1000
b) Customer number consisting of ten digits: 0000009011
Company code: 0001
The logical address must have 14 digits. If the customer number has less than ten digits, add leading zeros.
8. Maintain output condition records for output type RD04 (T-code: VV31)
9. Check the output result by creating the intercompany billing. If you want to check in details for the output processing, you may change the
‘Dispatch time’ to 3 Send with application own transaction in ‘Further data’ for the output type. Afterwards process the output via VF31:
Run VF31 to process this output:
Check the output processing through ‘Processing Log’ in VF03, here you can get the IDOC number generated from the output and
check if there’s any error during the output processing.
Different system settings for the logistics invoice verification, in case that you need to get MM invoice verification to be created:
10. Partner profiles - Settings for outbound parameters
Message code: MM
11. Partner profiles - Inbound parameters
Process code: INVL
FM IDOC_INPUT_INVOIC_MRM belongs to MM-IV(MM Invoice Verification)
12. MM customizing : Materials Management - Logistics Invoice Verification - EDI - Enter Program Parameters
13. Check the output result in billing output processing log:
The above customizing settings are the necessary settings done at SD side. In order to get the vendor invoice (FI accounting document) to be generated successfully, there’re some other
mandatory settings from FI side as well. You can check SAP note 137686 for further details.
For the intercompany EDI vendor invoice process, SD is mainly responsible for the outbound processing of the IDoc, FI/MM is responsible for the inbound processing.
SAP Note 31126: Intercompany billing - posting to vendor account using EDI
SAP Note 137686: ALE_INVOIC01: Internal allocatn Customizing in FI