|Link to this page: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/jIJ5Fw|
To help with troubleshooting.
An SAP instance does not start. Here are some steps which could be helpful in such cases.
An error appears in dev_disp:
ERROR => Kernel incompatible to already connected instances (see dev_ms for details)
Reason and prerequisites
'source id' of msg_server on central (DVEBMGS) or central services (ASCS) instance and disp+work of the affected instance must be the same otherwise instance won't start.
How to check
To check the 'source id'
1. Logon to central | ASCS instance and execute
- sappfpar pf=<path_to_instance_profile> DIR_EXECUTABLE
- <DIR_EXECUTABLE>/msg_server | grep source
2. Logon to application server and execute
- sappfpar pf=<DI's profile> DIR_EXECUTABLE
- <DIR_EXECUTABLE>/disp+work | grep source
If 'source id' is different, change the kernel in <DIR_EXECUTABLE> of affected instance.
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
- SAP KBA 3066548: SAP kernel update with RKS procedure fails