Transaction code SCOT is a SAPconnect administration tool that provides a standard interface for external communication, which supports sending using telecommunication services, such as FAX, text messages (pager/SMS), Internet mail and X.400, as well as sending to printers and between different SAP systems. It enables external communication components to be connected to the SAP System. SAPconnect provides a direct connection to the Internet through the SMTP plug-in of the SAP Web Application Server. This enables you to send and receive Internet mails, faxes and text messages (pager/SMS) directly, without having to use additional external communication systems.
• Completed: Number of successfully completed send orders, that is, the messages were sent to the recipients.
• Error: Number of send orders that were not successfully completed, that is, the messages could not be sent to the recipients.
• In transit: Number of send orders that are currently in process outside of the SAP System, that is, the messages have been transferred to the external nodes by the SAPconnect send process but neither a positive nor a negative status message has been received.
• Waiting: Number of send orders that are currently still within the SAP System, that is, the messages have not yet been registered by the SAPconnect send process. (Waiting send orders are not yet assigned to a node, therefore only the values for the higher-level scheduled lines ‘Address type’ and ‘System/Client’ are displayed.)
The values in the last two columns (Duration in transit, Duration waiting) refer to the average processing times (in hours and minutes) for the respective send orders. The processing time period is defined by the following events:
• Duration in transit: Time from the transfer of the message to the external node to the receipt of the first status message reporting the delivery or non-delivery.
• Duration waiting: Time from the creation of the send order by an R/3 application to the transfer of the message to the external node by the SAPconnect send process.