Improved Landscape Data Management in SAP Solution Manager
The content of this SCN-Wiki page will be now maintained and further evolved at the SAP Support Portal – please follow this link to find the renewed page on the Landscape Management Process → Get the Status of Your IT Landscape - Data in SLD, LMDB, Customer Profile, and Its Verification .
No log-on is required and you’ll find all relevant blog posts from this SCN Wiki page including the comments function on the new home page. We hope, you enjoy the new harmonized layout.
Landscape verification as a function is available in various scenarios:
- New:SAP Solution Manager 7.2 Landscape verification has been integrated with the Maintenance Planner - for more information, see https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/04/verification-in-the-maintenance-planner-part-i-principle-and-evolution/
- With SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP5: Landscape verification has been integrated with the Product System Editor of SAP Solution Manager LMDB
- With SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP1 - SP4 including: Landscape verification is included with the SAP Solution Manager installation itself (transaction LVSM)
- With SAP Solution Manager 7.0, SP18: Landscape verification 1.0 for SAP Solution Manager is available as an Add-on (transaction LVSM)
Figure 1 shows the new setup for the verification and check of landscape data:
Figure 1: Verification in the Maintenance Planner: Technical systems register via SLD and LMDB. After upload to the customer profile, in Maintenance Planner, technical system data can be verified - see More on Landscape Verification > Latest News below.. Only additional checks are performed by the SUM on the technical system.
Figure 2 describes the function of landscape verification 1.0 for SAP Solution Manager - later versions are similar but as of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP5 not identical in the functional scope (refer to the documentation listed below):
Figure 2: Steps in the verification process as delivered with the landscape verification tool. With SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SPS05, the verification function has been implemented in LMDB Product System Editor.
Introduction to Landscape Verification for SAP Solution Manager
Correctness of landscape data is more critical than ever:
- As of SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 using SAP Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer(MOpz) is obligatory during installation
- A correct landscape configuration is a major prerequisite for error-free execution of download calculation in theMOpz
- Erroneous or incomplete landscape information can result in failure of the update procedure
With the add-on installation landscape verification 1.0 for SAP Solution Manager you get the tool you need to analyze your landscape data in the SAP Solution Manager System Landscape (SMSY) to safely identify issues in landscape description.
More on Landscape Verification
Here you find information where to find landscape verification and how to use it.
New: With the Maintenance Planner, which is now generally available, the process to correct system data has been improved: You can correct the data in the verification process integrated with the Maintenance Planner...
- ... and create a CISI file to correct erroneous system data directly in the Maintenance Planner and apply it with the SUM
- ... or work directly in the maintenance transaction used for the correction and directly plan on the basis of the corrected state.
As stated before, for most customers verification is done in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 LMDB Product System Editor. This blog describes the newest features delivered with SPS10, which include a search for product instances during product system creation.
Blogs & Articles
Latest news on landscape verification (youngest news on top):
This blog describes the new features available with SP1 and links to a system demonstration of the new wizard part.
This blog announces new functions in landscape verification.
Here is some background information:
- Add-On landscape verification 1.0 for SAP Solution Manager - Availability
In this blog you'll learn about the basics of landscape verification tool and where to get it
Documentation of the landscape verification tool:
Valid for SAP Solution Manager 7.0; the landscape verification tool is delivered as an Add-On
Valid for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (if the Add-on was updated)
Valid for SAP Solution Manager 7.1 delivered as the initial state (landscape verification tool fully integrated)
Valid for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (if the Add-on was updated)
Valid for SAP Solution Manager 7.1 where the landscape verification tool fully integrated after the following notes have been implemented:
Note 1645924 Product System Multi Product Version Support
Note 1698592 Additional Status in Wizards for Problematic Instances
- Documentation of landscape verification function in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP5
Here are some demos of the landscape verification tool:
Integrated verification with SAP Solution Manager 7.1 LMDB SPS10
SP1 - containing enhanced functionality including a wizard:
SP0 - the ramp-up version:
This should help you getting started: The demo shows required roles, how to start the tool, and use the UI
A typical error situation is shown, detected, solved, and check results are updated in the landscape verification tool
Using landscape verification requires an SAP Solution Manager system with a proper license. For further information and download of the add-on, you need to log in to the SAP Service Marketplace (S-User required):
Installation: http://service.sap.com/swdc > Installations and Upgrades > Entry by Application Group > SAP Technology Components > LV FOR SOLUTION MANAGER
Update: SAP Service Marketplace Download Center (Quick Link swdc) -> Support Packages and Patches; Choose "L" -> LV FOR SOLUTION MANAGER
Here you'll find information on related applications, products, and tools:
If you want to update to SP1, read SAP Note 1539712 - Add-on landscape verification - update to SP1 (SMP login required)
More on SAP Solution Manager you'll find on the SAP Service Marketplace using quick link "solutionmanager" (S-User required for log-in)
More on the SAP NetWeaver System Landscape Directory you'll find on SCN either using quick link "System Landscape Directory" for the overview or the "More on System Landscape Directory" for demos etc.
A Landscape Descriptions gathering information on landscape entities and tools in the SAP system landscape