With Solution Manager Release ST7.1 SP12 it is possible to use the Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure (MAI) for the Business Process Operations (BPO) use cases. This document describes how to migrate the classical Business Process Monitoring (BPMon) content to the new monitoring content in MAI.
The main migration tasks comprise the following steps:
- Preparation (notes implementation, setup, create BAdI implementations, preliminary checks)
- Migration (select solution, run migration report, analysis of migration messages)
- Refinishing (manual migration, tests)
Check the basic requirements
- Solution Manager system: - ST 7.1 SP12 or higher - ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP10 or higher - ST-A/PI 01R or higher
- Managed system: - ST-PI 2008_1_700 SP10 or higher - ST-A/PI 01Q or higher
Required user authorizations
In order to configure Business Process Monitoring on MAI, you need a dialog user in the productive BPMon client on SAP Solution Manager with sufficient roles assigned.
- Solution Manager system: role SAP_BP_OPERATIONS_ADMIN_COMP or equivalent
- Managed system: - role SAP_MANAGED_BPOANA_ALL or equivalent
- Managed system, if a trusted RFC connection is used from the SAP Solution Manager to the managed system: role SAP_SM_S_RFCACL
We recommend to use SAP user BPO_ADM_<SID> to run the migration report. Inn any case the 'migration' user needs
- Solution Manager system: role SAP_SM_SCHEDULER_ADMIN or add the authorization object SM_JOBDEF to a Z-role according to note 2109306 - Authorization for creating Job Documentation is missing when creating a Job Monitoring Object
Required SAP notes
As usual in the SAP world some notes have to be implemented in the different systems. The first two notes for Solution Manager contain almost the same information as this Wiki document and should be seen as helping documents. The other notes mentioned here contain code corrections which need to be implemented with SNOTE in the respective systems depending on additional preconditions.
Solution Manager system:
1949245 - Prerequisites for Business Process Monitoring on MAI This note describes the general steps if you want use BPMon on MAI.
2010999 - Migrating solutions from classical BPMon to BPMon on MAI This is the central note describing the technical steps of the migration. Please read it carefully.
- 2008715 - Advance Corrections BPMon SM 7.1 ST710 delivered with SP13 Implementation mandatory for ST 7.1 SP12
- 2048029 - Corrections BPImp valid for SolMan 7.1 SP12 Implementation mandatory for ST 7.1 SP12, if BPO dashboards or Business Process Analytics (BPA) is used
- 2029683 - Corrections Business Process Analytics Twin Cube data extraction and migration coding Implementation mandatory for ST 7.1 SP12, if BPA based on the Twin Cubes data storage layer is used
2026231 - Corrections Business Process Analytics Twin Cube dataloader Implementation mandatory for ST 7.1 SP12, if BPA based on the Twin Cubes data storage layer is used and add-on ST-BCO is available on the Solution Manager system
- 2115557 - Migration Performance issue with MAI repository Implementation mandatory for ST 7.1 SP12 to improve the performance of the migration report
- 2109939 - Advance Corrections BPMon SM 7.1 ST710 delivered with SP14 Implementation mandatory for ST 7.1 SP12, minor bug fixing of the migration report
- 1869678 - Advanced Corrections for BPmon/Analytics (framework) 01Q SP1 Implementation mandatory for ST-A/PI 01Q SP01
- 1946940 - ST-A/PI 01Q SP2: Advance Correction BPMon (Infrastructure and EBO) Implementation mandatory for ST-A/PI 01Q SP02
- 2052101 - ST-A/PI 01R SP0: Advance Corr. BP Analytics - TBIs for ERP Implementation mandatory for ST-A/PI 01R SP00
- 2057316 - ST-A/PI 01R SP0: Advance Corrections (Infrastructure) Implementation mandatory for ST-A/PI 01R SP00
- 2079462 - Advance Corrections in BPMon infrastructure (EXS) delivered with ST-A/PI 01R SP01 Implementation mandatory for ST-A/PI 01R SP00
Check the Solution Manager Setup
Solution Manager Setup
Perform and check the following steps in the Solution Manager setup:
- start transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER → Select workcenter "SAP Solution Manager: Configuration" or
start transaction SOLMAN_SETUP
Choose the following sections on the left side:
- Step 6, Prepare Landscape Description: Status of all activities should be green
- Step 6, Maintain Systems in IBase: Activity Create IBase Components for LMDB Systems: Status should be green.
- On the left side choose radio button Job & BI Monitoring and select Job Monitoring on the top of the content page
- Execute step 1 (Overview) and step 2 (Configure Infrastructure) with sub-steps It is important that the content is updated again (→ last step) and that the status of all sub-steps is green. The necessary content update can also be done via radio button Integration Monitoring → Interface Channels (see also attachment Update MAI Content for ICMon.pdf of note 2010999)
Business Process Monitoring
- Check that the monitor definitions are not outdated on the managed systems. Therefore perform steps 2, 3 and 4 for each managed system.
Check Special Cases
BPMon BAdI Migration
if you are using implementations of the BPMon notification or incident BAdIs (BADI_BUILD_MESSAGE, BADI_BUILD_SUPNOTF, BADI_CUSTOM_MESSAGE or BADI_CUSTOM_SUPNOTIF), there are two possibilities, to reuse this functionality:
- Reuse the BPMon BAdI implementations inside of a pre-defined MAI BAdI implementation. This procedure is described in the SAP notes 1980912 - BPMon: Safeguarding BPMon Text BAdI Implementations in MAI and 1897251 - BPMon: Safeguarding BPMon BAdI Implementations in MAI . During migration the new MAI BAdI implementation is added automatically to the new BPMon MAI object if the MAI BAdI has the dame filter value as the old BPMon BAdI implementation. Possible Disadvantage: Not all MAI data can be mapped to classical BPMon data. To make full use of the new infrastructure and the MAI alert data, we recommend to
- Create a new MAI BAdI implementation. More information on the MAI BAdIs can be found here.
Job Monitoring Migration
Job monitoring objects are migrated to the new job monitoring in the same way as all the other BPMon monitoring objects. As mentioned above, before starting the migration report, SAP note 2109306 - Authorization for creating Job Documentation is missing when creating a Job Monitoring Object should have been applied.
Interface Monitoring Migration
Interface monitoring objects are migrated to the new interface channel monitoring. Before migrating those objects, you should have read the documents Update Mai content for ICMon and Migration to ICMon which are attached to SAP note 2010999 - Migrating solutions from classical BPMon to BPMon on MAI .
The migration is done per solution in report R_AGS_BPM_MIGRATE_SOLU_TO_MAI. Since it is not possible to revert the migration back to a 100 % original classical BPMon state, it is recommended that you do a solution copy before the migration. (In the copied solutions for the copied monitoring objects new MONIDs will be created at activation. If you what to preserve the MONIDs, e.g. because you have setup dashboards where you use those as filter, you should test the migration on the solution copy and after successfull test migrate the original solution).
- Call transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER in the Solution Manager system
- Go to work center SAP Solution Manager Administration
- Click Solutions
- Choose the solution which should be migrated to the new MAI infrastructure.
- Create a copy of the selected solution
- Specify a name for the new solution and press the okay button. The result will be a clone of the original solution with all the monitoring objects. All monitoring objects will be inactive.
- Start transaction SE38 for program R_AGS_BPM_MIGRATE_SOLU_TO_MAI.
- Execute (F8) program R_AGS_BPM_MIGRATE_SOLU_TO_MAI
- Select the solution copy which you have created in a previous step
- You should mark the check box 'Stop migration if error occurs'. As an effect the migration stops if any severe error occurs during migration and the migration is rolled back. If you have identified the errors which e.g. require a mandatory manual migration of certain monitoring objects you can start the report a second time without the marked check box and migrate those monitoring objects manually afterwards.
The migration log shows the successful (or unsuccessful) migration of the solution, monitoring objects and other objects. If you have marked the check box 'Stop migration if error occurs', the report stops at the first red log entry.
In general for every monitoring object one MAI managed object is created. See note
Referenced SAP transactions are integrated in the alert text as html links. The alert text can be found in the tab 'Alert Handling'.
Analysis Tool Sets
The analysis tool sets are migrated into guided procedures and assigned to the corresponding managed objects. The assigned guided procedure can be found in the tab 'Alert Handling'.
The texts 'Problem Indicators', 'Error Handling' and 'Escalation Path' are put into the alert text. The alert text can be found in the tab 'Alert Handling'. The monitoring teams are lost with the migration.
Monitoring Activities Templates
The templates which can be used in multiple monitoring objects are migrated into a guided procedure, similar as the analysis tool sets. The resulting guided procedure contains only the monitoring activities texts as manual steps. The guided procedure is assigned to the created managed object and can be found in tab 'Alert Handling'.
Only a limited number of setup parameters can be migrated and found in the new 'Notifications' tab:
If notification templates were used in a monitoring object, a corresponding notification variant is created which contains all the parameters which could be migrated. This notification variant is assigned to the corresponding managed object and all other parameter fields in the notification tab are set to non editable.
MAI uses a central tool to administer all possible recipients of notifications, the Central Notification Management (CNM) During migration it is checked if the recipient which was maintained in the classical BPMon setup exists already in the CNM. If not, it is created as external user. Shared distribution lists are created as CNM recipient lists and added to the managed object.
Replacement of text variables $SOL$, $SID$ and $MOB$
If you are using the text variables for solution name, system ID or monitoring object name in your subject or long text, a standard BAdI implementation of the MAI text BAdI BADI_DYN_INCI_NOTIF_MULTIPLE is included automatically. This BAdI implementation does the text variable replacement.
- Check the migration log for monitoring objects which could not be migrated. Create those objects manually in the migrated solution.
- Generate and activate the managed objects in the migrated solution.
- Check, if alerts and notifications/incidents are created according to the previous setup.
- Deactivate the monitoring objects in the original solution.
- Deactivate the original solution,
If the original solution is not needed anymore we recommend to delete the solution. __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- No labels