The purpose of this page is to explain how to create and maintain the business partners required to use the SAP Solution Manager Incident Management (IM) scenario.
Business partners are parties in which your company has a business interest, definition from CRM100 course.
A business partner in Solman IM scenario is used to represent a person/user or an organization that has a role inside the processing of the different business documents in Incident Management, such as a reporter, processor, sold-to party...
Business partners are used in all Incident Management transactions types, like ZMIN, ZMIV, ZMIS, ZMPR, ZMRQ, etc.
Solman uses these business partner categories: Person and Organization.
- Person is a natural person.
- Organization represents units such as a company or organizational units like IT Support 1st level and 2nd level in the picture above.
A business partner role, such as an employee, sold-to party... classifies a business partner according to the business function in business terms.
The roles you assign to a business partner reflect the functions it has and the business transactions in which it is likely to be involved.
You can assign more than one business partner role to a business partner. General information such as a name, address, etc., has to be entered only once.
These are the roles involved in Incident Management scenario:
- Reporter (also called end user, key user): the person who creates the incident/problem.
- Processor: the employee in charge of processing the incident/problem.
- Support team: an organizational unit in charge of processing the IM business documents
- Sold-to party: the organization in charge of the IM scenario delivery.
- Dispatcher: the employee in charge of creating a message if incidents are reported either by telephone or in other ways and also to forward a message to a processor. This user can also confirm completed messages.
- Administrator: the employee that sets up the information required to manage messages and to setup the scenario configurations.
You need to have a BP of category person with roles Business Partner(Gen.) and Financial Services BP. These two roles are created by default when creating a Person directly in /nBP.
In the case that this incident reporter also has access to the Solman system, then you will need to add two BP roles: Contact Person and Employee roles.
Note: The role Contact Person is needed to use Business Partners in the CRM WebClient UI.
In the Identification tab of the BP role Business Partner (Gen.) you will see the managed systems from where this message reporter can create an incident, IDType CRM001.
In the Identification tab of BP role Employee you will need to fill the User Name field with the SU01 user:
You will need to have a BP of category person with roles Business Partner (Gen.), Financial Services BP, Contact Person and Employee:
In this case, only the user name in BP role Employee needs to be filled with the correct SU01 user.
To represent the company itself, you will need to create a BP of category Organization with roles Business Partner (General), Financial Services BP, and Sold-to party.
- For standard scenarios: in the Identification tab of the BP role Business Partner (Gen.) you will see the customer number of the company
ID Type SP0001
- For VAR scenarios you would see: ID Type SP0001 and also SP1001 with the same SAP customer number filled.
- For ISV Software Partner scenarios, every time that an incident is created in your Solman system a BP of Category Organization will be created representing the customer number creating the XX-PART* incident.
When you define an organization model in SAP CRM Web UI-> Service Operations-> Organizational Model, a BP of category Organization will be created automatically. This BP will have BP roles Business Partner (Gen.), Financial Services BP, and Organization Unit.
To enable the automatic creation of the BP when an organizational unit is created, you must first activate HR integration by following these steps:
- Execute Transaction SM30.
- In the Table/View field, enter the value "T77S0".
- Click Maintain.
- Scroll down to find the HRALX/HRAC entry, and enter the value "X" in the Value Abbr field.
- Click Save.
You may need to define business partner relationships; business partner relationships form a business-relevant connection between two partners, like for example person X "is contact person of" organization Y.
When creating a business partner, internal number assignment is the default. Alternatively, you could use external number assignment, path in Customizing: /nspro-> SAP Implementation Guide-> Cross- Application Components -> SAP Business Partner -> Business Partner-> Basic Settings -> Number Ranges and Groupings
How to create Business Partners in Solman 7.1
In Solman, there are different ways to get a BP created.
A BP can always be created and changed manually directly through transaction BP.
- In solman_setup-> Basic Configuration-> Configure Aautomatically, execute mandatory activity "Prepare Business Partner Change" and ensure that the report CRM_MKBP_ZCACL_UPDATE_30 is executed before the BP generation.
Use the following parameters:
cltype = 'BUP'
clgroup = 'MKT_PT'
Remove the testmode flag and save your changes.
- In solman_setup -> Basic Configuration -> Configure automatically, execute mandatory activity "Generate Business Partner Screen".
- For standard scenarios for Solman 7.0 and Solman 7.1:
Use transaction type BP_USER_GEN-> report AI_SDK_USER_BP_GEN
This report can be used to create user and create/maintain business partners for users already existing in the managed systems. This report only considers the users from the managed R/3 system.
For details on the options to run this report see:
http://help.sap.com --> Application Lifecycle Management --> SAP Solution Manager --> SAP Solution Manager <version> --> Application Help --> IT Service Management --> Administration --> Create Users or Business Partners Automatically.
SAP Note 1515054 shows a BAdI that can be used to restrict the selected users by any criteria
- For VAR scenario in Solman 7.0: Use report AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP
- For VAR scenario in Solman 7.1: Use report AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP_V2
The reports AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP* consider the S-Users belonging to the customer number in SAP Support Portal. You can create and lock these S-users and business partners in the SAP Solution Manager system. The report automates the creation of users and business partners for all existing customer numbers of an IT service provider and transfers all address data.
The reports AI_SDK_SP_GENERATE_BP* do not use any connection to SAP, because the necessary data is fetched via job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT.
Solman_setup -> IT Service Management -> Perform Administrative Tasks-> Create Users and Business Partners activies documentation
http://help.sap.com/solutionmanager71 --> Application Help --> IT Service Management --> Administration --> Master Data Management -> Business Partners