Once you have executed a comparison, you can display the results. You can also display results from previous comparisons. The Result Details screen lists all objects for which differences between the compared data sources are identified.
In the Comparison Overview, select a comparison. The Comparison Overview provides an overview of the status of the evaluations, for example:
- Run Status: A grey LED indicates that the comparison instance has not yet been executed. A green traffic light means that the comparison run finished successfully, a clock icon that the comparison instance is running and a red traffic light that the comparison instance run was canceled or aborted because of an error. A green checkmark means that the comparison run was confirmed.
- Incon. Status: A grey LED indicates that the comparison has not yet been executed or the comparison run has not finished successfully. A green traffic light means that no inconsistencies were detected, a yellow traffic light that the comparison is still running and a red traffic light that inconsistencies were detected.
- Run ID: Indicates how often the comparison has been executed
Status Text: Indicates how the last comparison was executed. The status text can be one of the following:
Icon Status Description
You have created but not yet scheduled the comparison Running The comparison job is currently being executed. Finished The comparison job was executed successfully.
The comparison job terminated with an error. Paused The comparison job was stopped. Confirmed The comparison results were confirmed
- Progress: Indicates to what extent the comparison job was last executed.
- Timestamp: Indicates when the comparison job was last started.
- User Name: Indicates the name of the user who last started the comparison job.
When the comparison has run successfully, you can display the comparison results. You can see the results by selecting the LED button in the Incon. Status column. The possible Statuses are:
|You have created but not yet scheduled the comparison|
The comparison has successfully finished and no inconsistencies are found.
If no inconsistencies are found, then only the count of the identical records is displayed and stored. It is not possible to store the consistent results.
|The comparison has successfully finished and inconsistencies are found|
|Aborted||The comparison was cancelled or aborted. No inconsistencies were found.|
On selecting this, the last comparison results are displayed:
Comparison Result Overview
On the top of the result screen, the global parameters are displayed.
- In the Run ID field, select another value to the result of another run of the same comparison instance. In the Iteration ID field, enter another value to see the result of another iteration of the same comparison instance run.
- The results are broken down as follows:
- To display the comparison instance details, choose Show Comparison Definition.
- Global Result Parameters
- Provides an overview for the comparison instance and comparison object used in the comparison.
- Result Overview
- Provides a summary of the comparison results
In the Result Overview, select Objects Compared, Objects Identical, Objects Exist Only in Source 1, Objects Exist Only in Source 2, or Objects Exist with Differences.
The details are then displayed in the Result Details. The distribution of context fields can be displayed in Result Details by choosing Show context field distribution:
- Expand Comparison Runtime Statistics. Information about the duration and speed of the job are displayed.
- Press Guided Procedures. The Guided Procedure Browser will be displayed which allows you to maintain and display guided procedures describing how to react on inconsistent data for a certain comparison object and comparison instance.
- Press Result History Graphics. You can choose among History of Inconsistencies, Convergence of Inconsistencies, Runtime Statistics for Comparison Runs and Runtime Statistics for Iteration. The desired graphic will be displayed.
- Press Create Incident. Cross database comparison is integrated with the incident management tool. By choosing Create Incident you can create message for detected inconsistencies.
Delete Comparison Results
The volume of data recorded in the comparison results grows over time. You can therefore delete data that you no longer require. In doing so, you can specify the following:
- How old the data for deletion is
- Exactly what information you want to delete – just the details for a specific result or the entire result including the summary and details
- Call transaction DSWP_CDC_REORG.
- Enter data as required.
- Specify the comparison name from which you want to delete data. If you do not specify a comparison instance, the system deletes the data from all comparisons. Alternatively you can enter the IDs of comparison group(s).
- Specify which results you want to delete. For example, all results older than 30 days, but not the last three results. You can also specify concrete comparison Run IDs.
- Specify which information you want to delete from the results.
- If you perform a simulation, no data is deleted. To run the report productively, deselect the checkbox.
- Choose Execute (F8).
- The comparison results are deleted based on your selection. The results are physically deleted from the database. They are not archived.
To ensure that the comparison results are deleted regularly, schedule program DSWP_CDC_COMPARE_REORG as a periodic background job in transaction SM37.