Data provider /STDF/ALERT_SEARCH gives an overview of critical alerts (number of open alerts and status of alerts) from different monitoring areas such as business process monitoring, data consistency monitoring, job monitoring, etc
The objective of this Wiki is to explain how the ALERT_SEARCH Data provider works.
2. Supported Renderers
The ALERT_SEARCH data provider supports this following renderers :
- Line Chart
- Pie Chart
- Donut Chart
- Line-Column Chart
- Dual Line Chart
- Dual Line-Column
- Dual Bar-Column
- Stack Bar Chart
- Stack Column Chart
- Stack Column Chart2 Label
- Column Chart
- Bar Chart
- Table History Renderer
- SLR Renderer
- Trend Table Renderer
- Dynamic Table
- HTML Renderer
3. Tabs description
The Alert Search Data Provider has 5 tabs:
3.1 Metric Tab
The metric tab presents:
- Number of alerts created: Number of alerts created during the time period.
- Average alert duration in min: Average time (in minutes) of alerts in the alert inbox during the requested time period.
3.2 Use-case Tab
It displays the list of use case as Technical System Monitoring, Job Monitoring, etc
3.3 Alert Tab
The alert tab displays 3 columns:
- Alert name: short text that describes the alert
- Rating: it can be yellow or red
- Object Name
3.4 Processing Tab
The processing Tab displays 2 columns:
- Alert Status
4. Data Validation
The data source for the Alert Search data provider is the Alert Search Application.
Data validation is only done from this application.
4.1 Number of Alerts Created
In this section, we will go step by step how to validate the Number of Alerts Created through Alert Search Application.
/STDF/DP_ALERT_SEARCH:COLOR=#0cff18|legend=TechMon Alerts|OCC_JUMP_IN= |SLA=|TREND=|G2Y=|Y2R=|COLOR_RATING=|DISPLAY_ATTRIBUTES=|FILTER_VALUE= |visible=true|METRIC=Counter|USE-CASE=T_SYS_MON|ALERT= ABAP Central Service not available|RATING=|OBJECT NAME=|STATUS=|CLASSIFICATION=|HTML_CONTENT_ID= |display_value=false
The Dynamic Table displays 14 Alerts for ABAP Central Service Not Available during the Last Month returned by the Alert Search Data Provider as in the screenshot below:
We will check the displayed data by the OCC Dashboard with the Alert Search application by performing the following steps:
- Type SM_WORKCENTER transaction
- Look for Alert Search Tile
- Choose the corresponding time interval
- Choose the corresponding alert name “ABAP Central Service not available”
- Choose the corresponding Monitoring Use-case “Technical System Monitoring”
- Click on “Search” button
Only alerts that are created and confirmed in the selected period are displayed. In other words, if an alert has been created in the selected period and has not been confirmed in this period. It will not appear in the alert details table.
Maximum number of hits: It is mandatory to specify the max number of hits for the dynamic table. It can be added and changed manually in the expert mode. If it is not specified, it will be set to 500.
4.2 Average Alert Duration in min
The Average Number Duration in min is calculated as below:
- Get all the alerts created within the selected period
- Calculate the average duration
- Then distribute the value on the resolution
In order to validate the data, follow the following steps:
- Open SAP Solution Manager
- Look for Alert Search Tile
- Apply the corresponding filters as in the screenshot below
In week 13 of 2020, the alert search displays 3 alerts that match the selected criteria.
In order to calculate the average alert duration in min, please follow those steps:
- Calculate the duration of the 3 alerts: You can use for example this Function Module
- Convert the duration in minute:
- Calculate the average of the duration: