Data Consistency Management in Solution Manager comprises the tools and procedures required to prevent, detect, investigate and correct inconsistencies in your solution landscape. This helps to ensure the successful execution of your core business processes and prevents costly business process downtimes.
Today's business processes evolve in complex structures involving several systems of the overall landscape. As shown in the picture below it is important to ensure the data consistency between all involved systems.
Apart from user level errors like an incorrect manual entry in the system, there are possibilities of inconsistencies as well on application and technology level. The figure below presents potential causes of data inconsistency.
The process of Data Consistency Management consists of 4 steps: Prevention, Detection, Correction and Investigation. In the picture below, these steps are displayed in a cycle expressing the continuity of the process.
Solution Manager includes several tools to cover the Data Consistency Management cycle and different technologies. The following figure presents those tools. Details for these tools are provided in the tool-specific section.
Data Consistency and Interface Monitoring
For information regarding monitoring data consistency and interfaces, please use the link to the Business Process Monitoring page.
The Dashboard Builder usage with Interface Monitoring topics is covered in the child page Dashboard Builder with Interface Channel Objects.
TC Tools for ABAP and JAVA
For information regarding tools for transactional correctness in ABAP and JAVA, please use the SAP Knowledge Corner for Transactional Correctness. Furthermore you can refer to the Best Practice for Transactional Correctness linked in the DCM Media Library.
DC Toolbox / GSS DCM
For information regarding DC Toolbox and Guided Self Service for Data Consistency Management, please refer to the DCM Media Library (DC Toolbox Customizing and GSS Data Consistency Management - End User Manual).
Cross Database Comparison
For information regarding Cross Database Comparison, please refer to the child page Cross Database Comparison as well as the other CDC-related documents in the DCM Media Library.
Internal Database Comparison
For information regarding Internal Database Comparison, please use the link to the Business Process Monitoring page.
Overview and Demos
- Overview Data Consistency Management
- Overview Interface Monitoring SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- Overview Interface Monitoring SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Overview Interface Documentation SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Key Figure Catalog for Business Process Operations
- Overview - Business Process Completeness Check
- Authorizations for CDC
- CDC - End User Manual
- CDC - End User Manual (new)
- CDC - Enhancement Guide
- CDC - FAQ and Troubleshooting
- DCToolbox Customizing
- GSS Data Consistency Management - End User Manual
- Interface Documentation with SAP Solution Manager 7.1
- Interface Documentation with SAP Solution Manager 7.2
- Migration to Interface & Connection Monitoring
- Setup Guide - Business Process Completeness Check (BPCC)
- Setup Guide - Data Consistency Monitoring
- Setup Guide - Interface Monitoring (non-MAI)
- Setup Guide - Interface Monitoring (MAI)
- DCM for Hybrid
Best Practice Documents
- Best Practice for Transactional Correctness
- Data Consistency Checks for Logistics
- Data Consistency Monitoring between SAP BW and Source System
- File Monitoring Security
- No labels