Sometime you would like to execute actions for several comparison at once. To do so, CDC provides several features that help you to create, change or delete comparisons. They are available via a special menu item or directly on the new central maintenance screen.
Mass activities possible directly on central maintenance screen
Dedicated mass activity procedures available via menu
Generation of Comparisons from SAP Landscape Replication Server (SLT) repository
- Click on "Mass Processing" in the Comparison Overview.
- Select "Create Comparisons Using Data from LT Replication Server" in the drop-down and click "Continue".
- Enter the following data in step "Maintain Common Parameters" and click next once they have been maintained:
- Prefix: Some Prefix that should be at the beginning of each generated comparison's name.
- Table Prefix Source 1: Optional parameter in case the table names do not equal between the source systems. Usually not used.
- Table Prefix Source 2: Optional parameter in case the table names do not equal between the source systems. Normally not used.
- Extraction strategy: Which extraction strategy should be used in the generated comparisons. Normally you do not have to change the default. You can overwrite it manually later on in the generated comparisons.
- Max. No. Differences: the default value that should be used in the generated comparisons. You can overwrite it manually later on in the generated comparisons.
- Source Type 1: The source type for source 1 to be used during generation.
- Source Type 2: The source type for source 2 to be used during generation.
- Parameters for Source Type 1: These depend on the chosen source type 1.
- Parameters for Source Type 2: These depend on the chosen source type 2.
- RFC destination of LT Replication Server: the RFC connection from SAP Solution Manager to SAP LT Replication Server to read the data.
- Mass Transfer ID: Mass transfer ID in LT Replication server for which you want to generate the comparisons. It is recommended to use the F4-help after maintaining the comparison.