MAXIMIZE THE VALUE OF YOUR EXISTING SAP SOLUTION
In 2008 SAP introduced a service offering SAP Business Process Analysis which is kind of a health check for business processes and tries to identify inefficiencies and ineffectiveness in business processes. In ~90% of the analysis reports SAP identified significant potential for improving the existing SAP implementation, i.e. the large majority of customers is not yet using their SAP Business Suite to the full extent. With the help of Business Process Analytics in SAP Solution Manager other customers achieved especially improvements in the following areas
Since 2010 SAP provides the functionality of Business Process Analytics in SAP Solution Manager in order to identify and analyze process inefficiencies (see SCN blog about Business Process Analytics). With SAP Solution Manager 7.1 support package 5 new features (like advanced and value benchmarking) have been shipped for Business Process Analytics (see SCN blog about new features ).
For utilizing Business Process Analytics to its full extent SAP also developed a systematic 9-step Business Process Improvement methodology on how to analyze root causes, define action items and control the achieved progress. Some customer testimonials can be found at the corresponding SCN blog.
The problem oriented approach of Business Process Analytics and its key figures for improving business processes nicely complements your existing business reporting solution (SAP BW or SAP BusinessObjects) that you use for keeping a status quo and making strategic business decisions. For a more detailed description please refer to the SCN blog Traditional business KPI approach vs Business Process Monitoring.
The technical implementation of Business Process Analytics is very fast and typically just a matter of days as more than 750 key figures are shipped out-of-the-box. The complete list of key figures can be found here .
For Frequently Asked Questions please refer to http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Analytics .
Most important Wiki Pages
- Overview Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Improvement in a nutshell
- Service for Customers: S/4 HANA Readiness Check
- Service for Customers: SAP CQC Business Process Operations
- SAP KPI Catalog (Online Overview for Key Figures)
- Frequently Asked Questions BP Analytics
- Customer Feedback
- Customer Feedback - Bayer MaterialScience
- Success Story - Swarovski 2015
- Success Story - Hilti @ TechEd 2012
- White Paper - BPImp at Bayer MaterialScience
- White Paper - BPImp for Enterprise Support
- Demo - Automated Business Process Analysis
- Demo - Business Process Analytics 7.1 SP5+
- Setup Guide - Business Process Analytics 7.1 SP5 + higher.pdf
- Setup Guide - BP Operations Dashboards 7.1 SP5 - SP8
- Understand Twin Cube Concept for BP Analytics
- Setup Guide Progress Management Boards Solution Manager 7.2
- Setup Guide - Customer Monitor with ABAP OO
- Setup Guide - PerfMon: Techn. Perf. for Reporting 7.1 SP05+
- Setup Guide Business Process Analytics ST7.2 SP03+
Best Practice Documents
- Best Practice - BP Analytics Configuration
- Best Practice - Key Figures per Process
- Best Practice - Key Figures per Value Category
- Best Practices - Management Dashboards on top of BP Analytics
- Best Practice - Dependency Diagrams on top of BP Analytics
- No labels