SAP TAO Compatibility Matrix
The SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization application supports customers in automating their business process tests by automatically generating draft test cases and test components.
Its tight integration with SAP Solution Manager helps in identifying the impacted test cases and components when there are changes in the landscape.
The SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization application creates modular test cases, which are easy to maintain, when the test cases are damaged due to functional changes.
The SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization application supports customers in automating their business process tests by automatically generating draft test cases and test components for SAP GUI–based transactions, SAP CRM WebClient, SAP NetWeaver Portal, ABAP WebDynPro, Java WebDynPro, Business Server Pages and HTMLB applications. Using this application in combination with the SAP Quality Center by HP application by HP, you can modify, compose and execute automated business process tests in SAP software development and test systems. The SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization application also provides a lot of reusable library components, which could be used for test composition.
The SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization landscape consists of the following technical components:
- SAP system under test (SUT) The SAP R/3 or SAP ERP managed system (version 46C or later) realizes your business processes. For SUTs, you can use technologies with ABAP backend (SAP GUI, CRM Web UI, ABAP Web Dynpro, BSP, Web GUI) and without ABAP backend (Portal and web). When used together with SAP GUI user interfaces, for example, the managed system contains screens, transactions, and their metadata; SAP CRM Web UI, for example, contains applications, views and their metadata. SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization makes use of this information, for example, during inspection.
- SAP Solution Manager SAP Solution Manager (7.1 SP07 or higher) verifies your license, which is a prerequisite for using SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization. The Business Process Change Analyzer (BPCA) functions in SAP Solution Manager are used by SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization interfaces during change analysis and TBOM creation or update. SAP Solution Manager provides the repository, as described in the previous section.
- SAP Quality Center by HP The SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization application uses the following components from SAP Quality Center
- SAP Quality Center by HP SAP Quality Center by HP is a complete system for automatic and manual testing. It enables both nonprofessionals and QA experts to streamline the testing of SAP applications and business processes. It reduces test maintenance and simplifies test creation, with drag and drop functionality. Together with the SAP R/3 server and SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization, it constitutes a complete automatic testing environment.
- HP QuickTest Professional HP QuickTest Professional is an automatic test solution for functional and business process applications. It captures, verifies, and replays user interactions, automatically. SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization uses HP QuickTest Professional recording features with the UI scanner. HP QuickTest Professional can also execute the components of a business process test in SAP Quality Center by HP.