Dear Focused Insights users,
This article explains how to use the Table data provider.
The scope of DP_TABLE is very restricted. Due to the fixed maximum row size only smaller tables can be accessed.
The Data provider /STDF/DP_TABLE gives the user the possibility to display the content of multiple systems table. It lets you read data from a database table located on Solution Manager or on an ABAP managed system connected to Solution Manager.
2. Supported Renderer
The DP_TABLE data provider supports the following list of renderers:
- Line chart
- Area chart
- Column chart
- Bar Chart
- SLR Renderer
- SLR Table Renderer
- Table History Renderer
- Trend Table Renderer
- Waterfall Chart
- Column Chart
- Stack Bar Chart
- Stack Column Chart
- Stack Column Chart2Label
- Dual Line Chart
- Dual Line-Column
- Dual Bar-Column
- Pie Chart
- Donut Chart
- Line-Column Chart
- HTML Renderer
- Dynamic Table
In order to use this data provider, you need to inject data in the appropriate table as mentioned in the below section:
This DP is used with the following parameters (select options) and they are built according to the customer’s entries in the Database table /STDF/DP_TAB_SRC. Alias Dimensions Key Figure Options (Aggregation, Drilldown). The user should create a table entry in the Database table/STDF/DP_TAB_SRC as follow
1. Execute SE11Transaction code in the SAP Logon and tape /STDF/DP_TAB_SRC in the database table.
2. Click on the button Display.
3. Click on the buttons contents.
4. Click on the button Execute.
5. Click on the button create.
6. The user should specify an ALIAS NAME, a RFC if the table is located in a distant system, TIMESTAMP FIELD, DIMENSIONS FIELDS, KEYFIGURES FIELDS, TIMES STAMP FORMAT
The user at end should click on the button save.
In the following screenshot, an example of an entry in the table.
4. How to use DP_TABLE with OCC dashboard?
In this section ,we will configure a query using the DP_Table with selecting COLUMN_CHART_RENDERER as a renderer Type.
Note that the time frame auto/auto is not supported by this data provider.
4.1 Tab Alias
The Alias tab contains the different Alias name created in the table /STDF/TAB_SRC.
4.2 Tab Dimensions
The dimensions Tab will display the fields specified as dimensions in the table /STDF/TAB_SRC with their different values in the selected database table.
4.3 Tab Key figure
The tab Key figure will have the list of key figures specified in the table.
4.4 Tab Options
The Option tab contains two fixed filters : Drilldown and Aggregation.
The Drilldown filter will contain the rest of filters. Those that were not selected as dimensions.
The Aggregation will contain the method of calculation.
The displayed data of the selected query will be as shown in the below screenshot:
5. Additional information
5.1 Supported format(s)for timestamp
|Timestamp formats||Supported Granularities|
|YYYYMM||Year or Month|
|YYYYMMDD||Year, Month or Day|
|YYYYMMDDHH||Year, Month, Day or Hour|
|YYYYMMDDHHMM||Year, Month, Day or Hour|
|YYYYMMDDHHMMSS||Year, Month, Day or Hour|
|YYYYMMDDHHMMSS,MMMUUUN||Year, Month, Day or Hour|
Note that if there is not a timestamp to be entered in the configuration table, we must enter no timestamp in the TIMESTAMP FIELD.
5.2 Supported ABAP types for key figures
The supported ABAP types for the key figures are integer and float.
Note that if the table contains no Key figures, the returned result will be the number of the table rows.
5.3 Authorizations needed
Two authorization objects are checked when using the DP_Table which are:
- S_RFC : to execute function module RFC_READ_TABLE
5.4 Information to know:
- The size limitation of the table record is 500 characters for the dimensions, time and selected measures
- The supported types for TIME dimension are the predefined types Date and Time
- The supported types for KEYFIGURE are Integer and float
- Only the String type is not supported for other dimensions
- When there is no timestamp, the keyword to be used in the field format is NO_TIMESTAMP