- SAP Technical Performance Optimization service - This is a database tuning service that will look at the current state of your database and make recommendations in regards to performance optimizations, index etc.
Prerequisites Solution Manager:
Ensure the Solution Manager ST-PI & ST-A/PI add-ons are up-to-date using RTCCTOOL.
Ensure that the Service Content is up-to-date using transaction AGS_UPDATE. It is recommended to have the add-on ST-SER at the latest support package level.
Prerequisites Managed system:
Ensure the ST-PI & ST-A/PI add-ons are up-to-date using RTCCTOOL.
Steps to create a TPO
- Run transaction solman_workcenter - select SAP Engagement and Service Delivery.
- Select on Services - Create - Select SAP Technical Performance Opt. and click on Next.
- Select the relevant solution and the appropriate System. and complete the process by clicking through until 'Finish'.
- Navigate to the managed system and run transaction SDCCN. Create a 'Refresh Sessions' task to download the TPO session. Use Task - Create - Refresh Sessions in SDCCN.
- Highlight the session in SDCCN and process it.
- Once the session is complete, then refer back to Solution Manager Solution Manager Work Center - SAP Engagement and Service Delivery - Services and open the TPO.
- Wait until the session opens in the Session workbench.
- Verify the landscape data and then click on 'Done' and 'next open check'
- Go through all the sections and click on 'Done' and 'next open check'. At the Session Initialization option, this process will take a number of minutes. Wait until it completes. Once this is done, you can generate the document using the specific format of your choice.
2177604 - FAQ: SAP HANA Technical Performance Optimization Service