Incorrect worcenters visible although the correct workcenter navigation roles are assigned to the user
You established a new user with ABAP roles according to SAP recommendations out of the Security Guide: You assigned exactly the recommended workcenter roles + a few functional roles (e.g. for Service Desk, etc.) to the user.
Now you expect that, when connection with the new user via SAP GUI, you will only see the two workcenters "My Home" and "Incident Management". But instead of that, the workcenter application in SAP GUI (transaction SOLMAN_WORKCENTER) or web browser always shows too many workcenters.
The reason is that you once connected with another user to the workcenters and confirmed using a this user for all connections to the web page (here workcenters):
Some times the web browser does not request again for the user. But this can be configured:
To solve this you can change Internet Explorer to prompt you when you access a SSO enabled web pages:
- Check to which zone the webpage belongs to. e.g.
- Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Security
- Choose the appropriate zone
- Click on Custom Level
- Set the option "Don't prompt for client certificate when no certificates or only one certificate exists" to disable and click OK twice.
- You will now get prompted for a certificate when you access a SSO enabled web page. Click cancel to access the web page without SSO or OK to use SSO to authenticate.