This content was created to explain how to view the number and details of the Sybase licenses that have been linked to a Sybase Installation number.
To view the number of Sybase licenses follow the steps listed below:
1. Login to SAP Sybase Support Portal at the link: https://support.sap.com/home.html
2. Select the section “Request a Key” link.
3. Select the “old license key application” tab – the usual screen for license key request is displayed.
4. Enter an installation number.
5. Select the Sybase Installation you want to check and click on “Search”.
6. Open the link “Sybase Entitlement Overview”.
7. It lists the Sybase licenses (order number, item description i.e. product, number of license (total and available) and license type) that have been linked to the installation.
a. In blue background color is the global pool of licenses, divided in license entitlement records, showing how many licenses for a given product have been purchased, how many licenses have been deployed, and how many licenses are still available. It may also display the type of use for this license (development, test or production).
b. In white background is a summary of the generated licenses (giving details such as system ID, quantity, Host ID, generator, expiration date) related to the blue item above.
Please note that license file / key cannot be generated from this overview.
Related SAP Notes/KBA’s
1686864 – License keys for Sybase Products