Guided Procedure Authoring 7.20 is a set of tools, including Guided Procedure Browser, Guided Procedure Maintenance and Guided Procedure Logbook, to create, maintain and execute guided procedures in different scopes (technical system, host, databases...) and for different application areas (technical operation, exception management...)
The customer can build his own guided procedure to fix problems automatically or manually.
SAP delivers a set of guided procedures that the customer can execute directly or use as templates to create own guided procedures.
The customer cannot change the SAP guided procedures directly.
SAP provides regular updates of their guided procedures and allows the customer to import/apply the GP new content without waiting for a Support Package or a Release. Updating SAP guided procedures is managed by the Content Delivery framework (more details about how the customer will be notified when new contents are available, and how to import the updates, are in GPA Content Delivery 7.2 section).
The GPA tools are used in different contexts (SolMan Setup, work centers,...) and application areas (IT task management, Exception Management, Alerting and Monitoring...)
Guided Procedure Authoring Tools
Within SAP Solution Manager, the number of Guided Procedures delivered by the Guided Procedure Framework is increasing quickly, and a tool is required to maintain and/or create them. This tool is Guided Procedure Authoring
It contains the following tools:
- GPA Browser 7.20 (browse, search, create, delete, preview, export guided procedures, and update the content of delivered SAP GP)
- GPA Maintenance 7.20 (show, modify, activate, transport, preview guided procedures)
- GPA Log Book 7.20 (show guided procedure instances, logs, export to HTML, and start new instance)
- GPA Content Delivery 7.20 (alert when new content is available, and propose importing it)
- GP Runtime 7.20 (execute a guided procedure, status calculation, navigation, ...)
- GP Planning management 7.20 (create, maintain and execute plans)
Build & Run
- How and where to start this application?
- Show how to run and get information after running Guided Procedure in the Log Book, with or without instances
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)