SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP9 supports SAP Business Connector 4.8 product with System Monitoring. This document describes how to setup and configure System Monitoring for SAP Business Connector 4.8 in the SAP Solution Manager 7.1.
This guide is part of a global installation and configuration documentation. You may find more information in the SAP Service Marketplace
- Root Cause Analysis Installation and Upgrade Guide with SOLMAN_SETUP https://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> Installation and Configuration
- Solution Manager Installation Guides: https://service.sap.com/instguides >SAP Components > SAP Solution Manager > Release 7.1
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1 on help.sap.com [http://help.sap.com/solutionmanager71]
Up-to-date version of this document is attached to the SAP note 1886555.
1. Install Diagnostics Agent
For the installation strategy for Diagnostics Agents refer to SAP note 1365123.
For information on the Diagnostics Agent installer versions refer to SAP note 1833501.
Current Diagnostics Agent installers automatically install SAP Host Agent. Make sure that SAP Host Agent corresponds to the version in the SAP note 1448655. Consult additionally the SAP Note 1031096 “Installing Package SAPHOSTAGENT” for more details.
2. Install CA Wily Introscope agent
Make sure CA Wily Introscope agent is installed on the SAP Convergent Charging system. SAP Convergent Charging supports an automatic setup and configuration of CA Wily Introscope agent during the product installation. To manually install and configure CA Wily Introscope agent follow the SAP note 1453216.
3. Register SAP Business Connector system in SAP Solution Manager
SAP Solution Manager 7.1 relies on the landscape information in the Solution Landscape Directory (SLD) and in its landscape management database (LMDB).
SAP Business Connector 4.8 does not provide an automatic registration to SLD. The Sybase Afaria system has to be created manually in the Technical System Editor in the SAP Solution Manager. With the Technical System Editor, you can manually create, change, and delete technical systems in the LMDB.
To update the SAP CC 3.0 system in the SAP Solution Manager:
- In the SAP Solution Manager Configuration (transaction SOLMAN_SETUP), choose Managed Systems Configuration > Technical Systems > System Operations ->Create System.
- Select a system type from the input help.
- Define system data like system name and the host there the system is installed
- Assign a unique system identifier.
- Create the system
- Specify additional system properties like the installation path.
- Assign SAP Business Connector 4.8 product and mark it as diagnostics relevant.
3.1 Select System type
Select “Unspecific Standalone System” as the system type.
3.2 Define System
Specify the main system properties in the “Define System” step.
- Assign a system name – a unique identifier of the new system in the LMDB.
- Select the “Others” as the technology type for the system.
- Specify the host name of the SAP Business Connector server.
3.3 Define Extended SID
Specify an appropriate extended system ID and choose next.
An extended system ID is a system-type specific identifier of eight characters that is unique in the SAP Solution Manager. An extended system ID value is automatically proposed so you can accept it.
Choose Save to create new SAP Business Connector system.
3.5 Specify additional system properties
In the System Overview add the installation patch of the SAP Business Connector server.
3.6 Assign SAP Business Connector 4.8 product and mark it as diagnostics relevant.
Explore the node „Software“ in the navigation tree. Add SAP Business Connector 4.8 product and software version and check the “diagnostics relevant” flag.
On the “Product Instance” tab press the “Add” button
4. Run Managed System Configuration
In the SAP Solution Manager Configuration (transaction SOLMAN_SETUP), choose Managed Systems Configuration -> Technical Systems, select the SAP Business Connector 4.8 system (the Unspecific system you create before) and choose Configure System.
4.1 Select Product
In the step 3.1 the SAP Business Connector 4.8 product shall already be assigned and set as ‘Diagnostics Relevant’. Continue with the step 3 Assign Diagnostic Agent.
4.2 Check Prerequisites
There are no prerequisites. Continue with the next step.
4.3 Assign Diagnostics Agent
In this step you have to connect the installed Diagnostics Agent to the SAP Solution Manager and assign it to the SAP CC system.
4.4 Enter System Parameters
- Specify the Wily Introscope EM to be associated with the SAP Business Connector system. There is no Wily Introscope instrumentation available for SAP Business Connector. The specified Wily Introscope EM will be used by the Diagnostic Agent to publish host – related performance data like CPU and memory consumption.
- Enter the host name of the SAP Business Connector system as the Load Balance Host parameter
- Enter the port of the SAP Business Connector 4.8 Administrative UI (SAP Business Connector Administrator) as the Load Balance Port parameter. The default URL to the Administrative UI is http://<host name>:5555/
The availability monitoring of the SAP Business Connector system is based on the values.
4.5 Enter Landscape Parameters
Inspect the landscape parameters. The installation paths for the technical system and the system instances are specified in the Technical System Editor. Choose Save and proceed with the next step.
4.6 Configure Automatically
Execute the steps „Extractors Setup” and the „Introscope Host Adapter”. Continue with the last setup step “Complete”.
4.7 Complete setup
Complete the setup, choose “Finish” to update the setup status and quit the setup procedure.