SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP8 supports Sybase Afaria product with System Monitoring. This document describes how to setup and configure System Monitoring in the SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP8 for Sybase Afaria 7.0
This guide is part of a global installation and configuration documentation. You may find more information in the SAP Service Marketplace
- Root Cause Analysis Installation and Upgrade Guide with SOLMAN_SETUP https://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> Installation and Configuration
- Solution Manager Installation Guides
https://service.sap.com/instguides ->SAP Components -> SAP Solution Manager > Release 7.1
- SAP Solution Manager 7.1 on help.sap.com
Up-to-date version of this document is attached to the SAP note 1815791.
1. Install SMD Agent
Please refer to SAP note 1365123 Installation of Diagnostics Agents.
SMD Agent 7.3 installs automatically SAP Host Agent. Please make sure, however, that SAP Host Agent corresponds to the version in the SAP note 1448655. In addition, please refer to SAP Note 1031096 “Installing Package SAPHOSTAGENT” for details.
2. Setup Sybase Afaria process monitoring
Enable process monitoring for Sybase Afaria server.
- Download Afaria_procmon.zip from SAP note 1815791 and extract it to the PRFCLOG folder:
- Restart SAP HostAgent
Following processes should be monitored: XService, AfariaIphoneServer, XMSGSERVER, XEXECUTIONSERVE.
3. Register Sybase Afaria system in SAP Solution Manager
SAP Solution Manager 7.1 relies on the system information in the Solution Landscape Directory (SLD) and in its landscape management database (LMDB). Sybase Afaria 7.0 does not provide an automatic registration to SLD. The Sybase Afaria system has to be created manually in the Technical System Editor in the SAP Solution Manager. With the Technical System Editor, you can manually create, change, and delete technical systems in the LMDB.
To create the system in SAP Solution Manager:
- In the SAP Solution Manager Configuration (transaction SOLMAN_SETUP), choose Managed Systems Configuration > Technical Systems > System Operations ->Create System.
- Select a system type from the input help.
- Define system data like system name and the host there the system is installed
- Assign a unique system identifier.
- Create the system
- Specify additional system properties like the installation path.
- Add Sybase Afaria Servers as technical instances
- Assign Sybase Afaria 7.0 product and mark it as diagnostics relevant.
3.1 Select System type
Select “Unspecific Cluster System” as the system type. The “Unspecific Cluster System” allows creation of clustered systems with multiple instances. This type maps the best to an Afaria server farm with several Afaria servers. For single Afaria server system please create a “cluster” system with the single server instance.
3.2 Define System
Specify the main system properties in the “Define System” step.
- Assign a system name – a unique identifier of the new system in the LMDB.
- Select the “Sybase Afaria Cluster” as the technology type for the system.
- Specify the host name of the master Afaria server. For single Afaria server system specify the name of that server.
3.3 Define Extended SID
Specify an appropriate extended system ID and choose next.
An extended system ID is a system-type specific identifier of eight characters that is unique in the SAP Solution Manager. An extended system ID value is automatically proposed so you can accept it.
Choose Save to create new Sybase Afaria system
3.5 Specify additional system properties
In the System Overview add the installation patch of the master Sybase Afaria server.
3.6 Add Sybase Afaria servers as system instances
Add all Sybase Afaria servers as system instances to the system.
- Specify the Afaria Server name
- Choose “Sybase Afaria Server” as the technology type.
- Specify the host name there the Sybase Afaria Server is installed.
Confirm instance creation dialog with the “Ok” button.
Inspect the technical instance properties and set the installation path attribute for the server.
3.7 Assign Sybase Afaria 7.0 product and mark it as diagnostics relevant.
Explore the node „Software“ in the navigation tree. Add Sybase Afaria 7.0 product and software version and check the “diagnostics relevant” flag.
On the “Product Instance” tab press the “Add” button
4. Run Managed System Configuration
In the SAP Solution Manager Configuration (transaction SOLMAN_SETUP), choose Managed Systems Configuration -> Technical Systems, select the Afaria System (the Unspecific system you create before) and choose Configure System.
4.1 Select Product
The Sybase Afaria 7.0 product is already assigned. Continue with the step 3 Assign Diagnostic Agent.
4.2 Check Prerequisites
There are no prerequisites. Continue with the next step.
4.3 Assign Diagnostics Agent
Connect the Diagnostics Agent to the Solution Manager and assign it to the Sybase Afaria system.
4.4 Enter System Parameters
Enter the Sybase Afaria Administrator host and port under the Managed System parameters “Load Balancer Host” and “Load Balancer Port”. Choose Save to save the changes and continue with the next step.
4.5 Enter Landscape Parameters
Inspect the landscape parameters. There is only the Installation Path of the Sybase Afaria server with the value specified in the Technical System Editor. Choose Save to save the changes and proceed with the next step.
4.6 Configure Automatically
Execute the steps „Extractors Setup“ and the „Introscope Host Adapter”. Continue with the last setup step “Complete”.
4.7 Complete setup
Complete the setup, choose “Finish” to update the setup status and quit the setup procedure.
5. Run Managed System Setup for Microsoft IIS components
SAP Solution Manager 7.1 supports Microsoft IIS with System Monitoring. The Microsoft IIS components which are part of the Sybase Afaria installation will be automatically registered in the SAP Solution Manager by SMD Agent per Outside Discovery. The purpose of the Outside Discovery is to automatically discover, collect and send information related the monitored system to Solution Manager.
The SMD Agent will discover Microsoft IIS components installed on the Sybase Afarai host and report them to SAP Solution Manager.
- In the SAP Solution Manager Configuration (transaction SOLMAN_SETUP), choose Related Links ->Administration-> Landscape Browser.
- Look up for Microsoft ISS system IDs. Search for the Sybase Afaria host and find the assigned Microsoft IIS systems in the tree below the host name
- In the SAP Solution Manager Configuration (transaction SOLMAN_SETUP), choose Managed Systems Configuration -> Technical Systems, select and choose Configure System for each Microsoft IIS system component of the Sybase Afaria installation.
- Perform the Managed System Configuration for Microsoft IIS systems
For more information on Outside Discovery in SAP Solution Manager, see http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape SAP note 1626853. Refer to SAP note 1743474 for more information on how to perform Managed System Setup for Microsoft IIS.
Installation of SMD agent
Installation of Diagnostics agent
Installing Package SAPHOSTAGENT
SAPOSCOL and ABAP server: Monitoring processes
Outside Discovery in SAP Solution Manager
Monitoring Setup of Microsoft IIS components (the example for Sharepoint Online appication)