Welcome to the Confirmation WIKI page. Here you will find all general information relating to Confirmations of Materials and Services / Limits.
I will also update this page with any new information, new issues, FAQ's, important notes and KBA's.
Confirmations are always created with reference to a Purchase Order with open items.
In creation, users indicate quantity or information about service / limit received.
Confirmations created in SRM will be transferred (except in standalone scenario) to Backend / ERP. Confirmation with material items will be transferred by IDOC and services items by RFC.
Confirmations can be canceled /deleted or returned.
The Process Flow
Desktop User / Employee
- Role /SAPSRM/EMPLOYEE in SRM 7.0. (Transaction BBPCF02 in SRM 5.0 / 4.0)
- Can only see own Shopping Carts / Purchase orders items to create confirmations
- System shows POs from SCs created by employee and also POs created when employee is Requester or Goods Recipient
- If buy on behalf used, confirmation can be created by requester or creator
Purchaser / Central Goods Recipient
- Roles /SAPSRM/OP_PURCHASER or /SAPSRM/RECIPIENT in SRM 7.0 (Transaction BBPCF03 in SRM 5.0 / 4.0)
- Can access all Purchase Orders / confirmations in the purchasing organization / group as maintained in PFCG role
- Can confirm POs from documents created in SRM and also POs without reference with any SRM document
- Role/SAPSRM/SUPPLIER in SRM 7.0 . (Transaction BBPCF01 in 4.0/5.0)
- Can only select the own POs / confirmations
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
1845573 - Item Acquired by Another User when display a confirmation
1727767 - Role determination in create confirmation
1648496 - Disable Auto Confirmation and Auto Invoice Functionality