This article will help you to resolve the problem that on certain Purchase Orders, the edit button is unavailable and so, the Purchase Order cannot be edited.
This page explains common issue about Edit button and debug tips.
How to reproduce the issue
- Create a Purchase Order.
- Order the PO.
- Display the PO and Observe that 'Edit' button is unavailable.
Cause of the Issue
1) User pushed complete button and the PO is Transaction Completed Status.
Please check theWiki page.
2) No one completed the PO , and there is not status Transaction Completed in BBP_PD
As per the standard system behaviour, the determination of enabling the Edit button in PO is done based on the status of the PO. It is determined like this: If the PO is ORDERED, and any of these statuses are active, then the 'Edit' button is disabled:
In Transfer to Execution Syst.(I1080)
In Transfer to Planning Syst. (I1081)
For cause 2 that No one completed the PO , and there is not status Transaction Completed in BBP_PD
- Go to transaction SE37.
- Run the function module BBP_PD_PO_TRANSFER_EXEC.
- The PO statuses should then be reset. Edit button should now be available.
The transfer related status is updated in:
Function module SPOOL_DPO_TRANSFER_DO
Function module SPOOL_DPO_WRITE_BAPI_IMPORTS
Meta code for the header EDIT button:
Class : /SAPSRM/CL_PDO_DYN_MDA_HD_PO