The purpose of this document is to define how to identify the Search Agent used in POWL search.
Using the steps below, you can determine the used POWL Search Agent that is responsible to gather the relevant documents for the set search criteria.
Identifying the POWL Search Agent
- Use the transaction POWL_TYPE to identify the Feeder Type of the relevant POWL, e.g. the Feeder Type associated with Shopping Cart wizard is SAPSRM_FEEDER_SC, double-clicking this Feeder Type will show the used Feeder Class.
You can also determine the Feeder Class based on Wiki page How to identify used POWL query.
- Display the found Feeder Class in transaction SE24.
- Click button Display object list and expand Directory Superclasses. Double-click this class and display Method CONSTRUCTOR. In this Method you can find Method INIT_SEARCH_AGENT that is responsible for determining the Search Agent of TREX search, DB search or ES (Embedded search).
- Set a breakpoint in this method and perform a search in POWL. Method GET_INSTANCE imports MO_SRC_AGENT, which contains the used search method and class.
- In MO_SRC_AGENT Drill into MT_SEARCH_SERVICES.
- Here you can find the search service. (If TREX is used, the object type would be /SAPSRM/CL_SRC_SRV_TREX* (where the * is the relevant Business Object), if Embedded Search is used then the object type is /SAPSRM/CL_SRC_SRV_RFC*)
SAP Community Wiki - How to identify used POWL query