The objective of this page is to detail how to change the type of messages in SRM. For example: you want to change an error message into a warning message.
Firstly the related customizing will be explained. After this follows an explanation about the addition of new entries in BBPV_PDMSG view.
Influence Message Control Customizing
In order to change the behavior of the messages in SRM, access SPRO transaction and follow the path below:
Supplier Relationship Management
-> SRM Server
-> Cross Application Basic Settings
-> Message Control
-> Influence Message Control
-> Select the line with desired business object and double-clicking on "Message Control".
This transaction will only allow you to add messages which are contained in the view BBPV_PDMSG. In case the required message in not available in this customizing, follow the steps explained in the section.
Active Message Type
An entry in this field determines which message type is to be used for the output of this message. If you do not make any entry, the message is output with the standard message type.
Maintaining view BBPV_PDMSG
The steps below are meant to add entries in the mentioned view. It is not recommended to modify existing entries.
Note that not all messages are customizable. In some cases, even if you add the message in this view, it could not work as desired.
- Access sm30 transaction;
- Fill the field "Table/View" with "BBPV_PDMSG";
- Click on "Maintain";
- Confirm the 2 pop-up messages that will the shown;
- Click on "New Entries":
- Fill the column of the new entry as below:
- ApplicArea: this is the Message Class (i.e. bbp_pd, bbp_ctr, etc);
- MsgNo: this is the Message Number (i.e. 001, 019);
- Object Type: this is the type of document for that message (i.e. BUS2121 - SC, BUS2201 - PO);
- Allowed: this represents the allowed types of messages (E - Error, W - Warning, etc);
- Standard: this represents the standard type of message.
After the entry is maintained, save it and it will be available in SPRO customizing (Influence Message Control).
SAP Note 2632874 - How to change error message to warning message