This wiki page is to explain the standard behavior about how the PO Actual Value, Final Entry and Final Invoice Flag is Updated and related trouble shooting and debugging information.
When a Purchase Order follow-on document - that is, a Goods Receipt or Invoice - is created, the PO Actual Value, Final Entry and Final Invoice Flag are updated. But sometime it is not updated correctly.
Every time a follow-on document is posted in the ERP system, the Function BBP_NOTIFY_FOLLOWON_INBOUND will be called. The system will then create entries of type Actual Value ('AV') in the BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB table. The scheduled job CLEAN_REQREQ_UP in SRM will process this 'AV' entry. ECC will be called again in a PO-Getdetail Function in order to get the back-end PO history. The follow-on document's currency and value will be calculated to the PO header currency. After calculation the actual value and flags will be updated in the SRM PO.
Based on user inputs, the Final Entry and Final Invoice flags "No further Confirmation", "No further Invoice" can take the temporary statuses B and C. These statuses are not and should not be permanently saved in the database for any purpose. The standard value for these fields should remain either "X" or "" (empty). Temporary status: Unchecked manually 'B' ; Checked manually 'C'.
Troubleshooting Checklist and Debugging Information
1) Please check the Customizing TBE11-SRMNTY=X in ERP . This is the flag responsible for starting the notification of SRM about follow-on documents.
1). Go to FIBF transaction
2). In the Menu, Settings -> Identification -> SAP Application -> make an entry "SRMNTY" and set the flag active (table TBE11).
2) Please check if the report CLEAN_REQREQ_UP is scheduled in SRM. Go to the transaction SM37 and check whether Your system has any background job scheduled with the Cleaner report.
3) Please always check and ensure in transaction SMQ1 if there is no stuck entry in the ECC system.
4) How to correct the SRM Purchase Order? In case ECC PO-history shows different values than SRM:
- Run report BBP_PO_INIT_NOTIFY_FOLLOWON in SRM system and when find AV entry in Table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB.
- Run CLEAN_REQREQ_UP report to process the entry.
5) Debugging : display the report CLEAN_REQREQ_UP in SE38 and set breakpoint at Function BBP_PD_PO_ACT_VAL_UPDATE. By running then the Cleaner report, Your breakpoint will stop at the possible update of Actual Values.
In this Function module back-end information is read to update SRM PO.
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP KBA: 1934728 Incorrect SRM PO Follow on Document Statistic Actual Value and Flags
SAP Note: 2224552 Queue is blocked due to exception raised by BBP_NOTIFY_FOLLOWON_INBOUND
SAP Note: 2415473 PO Statistics: Invoice value has not been updated with correct currency value
SAP Note: 2514610 Entries not cleared from table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB