The purpose of this page is to explain the SRM PO Deletion Function
This is valid for all SRM 700
SRM Purchase Order is created, however the deletion function at header and item levels in different order status is not clear.
1. Header Deletion Function:
'Delete' button in PO is active if the PO output (the particular version output is not generated at all) is not generated at all. ie. “Held”, ”Awaiting Approval” or "Changes Transmitted" status. Once the output is generated to vendor, this button won't be active for that version the PO status will be ORDERED.
As the vendor is informed about the PO (active version sent to vendor) details. If we delete the purchase order, all the items within the PO become inactive. User can not do any confirmation or invoice or any changes to the deleted PO. In this case PO output never been sent to vendor, vendor will not be notified about the deletion of the PO.
When the 'Delete' button will be active again?
If we create change version of the PO and the status - 'SAVED' which means the PO's change version output is not generated. In this case we are allowed to delete the PO's change version.
- Purchaser creates the PO with item1 qty - 10 price - 100.
- Order the PO.
- Output is generated, now vendor is ready to supply the material.
- Purchaser open the PO in change mode
- Change the qty and price and few more changes in the header
- SAVED the PO
- PO status will be 'SAVED'.
Now the PO will have two versions one active version (which is already sent to vendor) and change version. This particular change version of the PO's output is not yet send to the vendor. If we delete the 'SAVED' version of the PO the change version will be deleted not the active version (because the PO is already sent to vendor
We can delete only the PO version which is not send to vendor (PO change version with status - 'SAVED').
If we want to delete the PO (do not want to receive any material for that particular PO) and also inform the vendor, we have to delete all the items and ORDER the PO. In this case an output is generated and the vendor is informed.
2. Item Deletion Function:
For material or Service item :
The deletion at item level is only allow if there is no follow on documents , or all the follow on documents are reversed.
In transaction BBP_PD , Item Data, the value of the fields below should be zero.
For Limit PO item :
The Delete button should be disabled or enabled as per the given scenarios below:
- PO contains 1 Limit item, which has to be deleted. This scenario should allow deletion of Limit item.
- PO Contains Multiple Limit items only. This scenario should allow the deletion of limit items.
- PO contains 1 limit item and 1 service item. This scenario should not allow the limit item to be deleted.
- PO contains Multiple Limit and Multiple Service Items. This scenario should not allow the limit item to be deleted.
3. Trouble shooting :
The actual value is not updated correctly in the SRM PO .
In transaction BBP_PD , Item Data, the value of the fields below are not zero.
Please then go to transaction code SMQ1 in the ECC system.
Check if there is an lock entry of Function Module BBP_NOTIFY_FOLLOWON_INBOUND when access SRM system.
Delete the lock entry in the SMQ1 in ECC system and reprocess all the entries waiting in the queue.
If the problem persists in the problematic PO, run report BBP_PO_INIT_NOTIFY_FOLLOWON in SRM system ,which will create an AV entry in BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB table and then run report CLEAN_REQREQ_UP to process the AV entry and update the actual value in the SRM PO .
For Service or Limit items, please check if the following notes are already applied in the system:
- SAP Note: 1761291 - Actual values are not updated for PO's with more limit items
- SAP Note: 1679036 - Delete button on the PO header is always disabled
- SAP Note: 1600617 - Outstanding quantity is wrongly calculated for confirmation
- SAP Note: 1576977 - Deletion of Limit Items in PO disabled
- SAP Note: 1559434 - Incorrect calculation of confirmed quantity and price in PO
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP Note: 1761291 - Actual values are not updated for PO's with more limit items
SAP Note: 1679036 - Delete button on the PO header is always disabled
SAP Note: 1600617 - Outstanding quantity is wrongly calculated for confirmation
SAP Note: 1576977 - Deletion of Limit Items in PO disabled
SAP Note: 1559434 - Incorrect calculation of confirmed quantity and price in PO
SAP KBA: 1934728 - Incorrect SRM PO Follow on Document Statistic Actual Value and Flags
SAP Note: 2141972 - PO at header can be deleted even follow-on document exists
SAP Note: 2416650 - Deletion of service items in PO not transferred to ERP at all times
SAP Note: 2414933 - Delete button disabled for PO limit item
SAP Note: 2434157 - Try to delete one line item from Po gives the below error "Deleted items cannot
SAP Note: 2563824 - Purchase Order deleted at the Header Level even if follow-on document exists