The purpose of this section is to show the general settings for catalog customizing.
There are several possibilities to define the using of the catalog.
WebService ID, Catalog name, BusinessType
- WebService ID: The ID should be unique without special characters (and spaces). It is also case sensitive.
- Description: The name of the WebService (usually catalog) which Will be shown on the SRM UI. This name is language specific, it can be translated to the necessary languages in the menu 'Goto → Translation'. Note: Users can see only those catalogs in every document which description is translated to the logon language - even if the ID is added to the user's attributes.
- Bus.Type of a WebService: here can be chosen the business type of the WebService like:
- Product Catalog
- Supplier Directory
- Suppliers Evaluation
- Service Provider List
- Supplier Preselection
- Project System
In the next sessions we will specify the settings of a Product Catalog.
Source of Supply Assigned to Product Catalog
Business Partner: Through this field can be assigned to the catalog the Business Partner of the Source of Supply.
Purch. Organization: Through this field can be assigned to the catalog the Purchasing Organization of the Source of Supply.
Additional Functions in SRM Server
- Do not Check Product: Catalog items are transferred from the catalog to the SRM document without checking the Product in SRM Server (COMMPR01). It is not even necessary to replicate the items into the SRM Server.
- Display Contract Data in Integrated Catalog: The SRM contract data will be displayed as a supplement in the integrated catalog. This is only supported in integrated catalogs (only lower releases of SRM Server).
- Activate SC Item Price Check from Catalog: Adding a catalog item from a template or from an old SC as template the price will be rechecked from the catalog.
From SRM 7.14
- Update Price while Ordering Cart: The catalog price will be updated while ordering the cart. This setting is used in UI-Addon.
- Update Price while Reviewing Cart: The catalog price will be updated while reviewing the cart. This setting is used in UI-Addon.
Additional Functions in Product Catalog
- Display Product Data Again in Catalog
It is possible to show the catalog item from the Item Details View in the catalog. After clicking the button the catalog opens and shows the catalog item in question.
- Validate Product Data from Enterprise Buyer: Set this indicator if, after selection of products, it is needed to permit the update of product data in the Enterprise Buyer System from the catalog.
If, for example, the user copies catalog items from a template, the system checks whether products still exist in the catalog, and whether the price is still up to date. If the product data has changed, the current data is transferred to Enterprise Buyer.
- Find Supply Sources: Through this indicator it is allowed the catalog to be called up directly using a search term and to allow sourcing to be carried out using this search term.
When assigning a source of supply for an item, purchasers can use the text in the Description field of the "Process Purchase Orders" function to search in the catalog. The search results are then displayed directly in the catalog.
- Cross-Catalog Search: makes possible to search in all marked catalogs together.
- Use Error Log: This indicator specifies whether the application log is to be switched on for the respective catalog. If this indicator is active, it is possible to evaluate error messages that are output during enrichment of the data transferred from the catalog. To evaluate the error messages, start the transaction SLG1 and use the following parameters where known:
- Object: BBP_OCI
- Subobject: *
- Ext. Identif.: Shopping cart number
You may also check the SAP KBA 2475735 - Using the SLG1 log in case of catalog item transfer
- Use Http GET to Call Web Service: This field specifies the HTTP method that is to be used to call an external catalog.
- POST: This is the standard and recommended method. Field is inactive.
- GET: If necessary, the HTTP method can be converted into GET. (Field is activated.)
- Codepage of Service: Here can be set the codepage of the catalog (e.g. UTF-8) if necessary.
- Technical Type of Service: based on the WebService. In case of catalog it is usually HTML. The possible values are: HTML, WML, XML.
- Logical System: Select the logical system for SRM or ECC, depending which one replicates material and supplier data to the catalog. The value specify in which applications run integrated on a shared data basis. The distribution of data between systems requires that each system in the network has a unique identification. The logical system is used for this purpose. Note: the logical system must be unique company-wide. It must not be used by any other system in the ALE integrated group. In a production system, the logical system must not be changed. If the logical system of a document reference is not set to initial and does not match your own, the system assumes the document is located in a different system.
- Path for Symbol for Service: Technical Path for Storage of an Icon for Web Service. This is not in use anymore.
- Dummy Catalog: used only for UI-Addon, during catalog extraction. It is possible to extract items from a dummy catalog but these catalogs don't appear on the SRM UI.
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
SAP KBA: 2475735 - Using the SLG1 log in case of catalog item transfer