Go over changes and how to deal with CT-Library changes, coding, samples and debugging.
This is for all you CT-Library programming needs to connect to ASE, IQ and/or Replication. Please note all the samples here are dealing with SAP ASE (Adaptive Server Enterprise).
Changes in the file and/or directory structure
Difference in naming from SDK 12.5.1 to 15.0 syb was added to files. So for example libct went to libsybct.
Difference in location from SDK 12.5.1 to SDK 15.0, so $Sybase\OCS-12_5 to $Sybase\OCS-15_0
Difference in location. from SDK 15.7 to 16.0 so $SAP\OCS-15_0 changed to OCS-16_0
- both 32 and 64 bit in 64 bit install same installer except .a
- only 64 bit install includes all 32 and 64 bit binaries
Starting with SDK 12.5.1 add -DSYB_LP64 to compile 64 bit binaries
Starting with SDK 16.0 SP03 PL04 -DSYB_LP64 is no longer used to compile 64 bit binaries. Instead LP64, _LP64 or _WIN64 specified by the compiler determines if 32 or 64 bit mode.
Software Developers Kit (SDK) Version 15.7
- CT-LIBRARY Version 15.7 Manuals
- New Features Guides for version 15.7 ESD/SP releases
- SDK 15.7 Interoperability Matrix for HP-UX
- SDK 15.7 Interoperability Matrix for IBM AIX
- SDK 15.7 Interoperability Matrix for Linux
- SDK 15.7 Interoperability Matrix for Solaris
- SDK 15.7 Interoperability Matrix for Windows
Software Developers Kit (SDK) Version 16.0
- CT-LIBRARY Version 16.0 Manuals
- New Features Guide for version 16.0 ESD/SP releases
- SDK 16.0 Interoperability Matrix
- Debugging ctlibs: Ct-library (Open Client) debugging without code changes
- Client-Library/C Programmers Guide/ Where are datatypes Declared? (SYB-LP64)
- End of Support for Separate 32-bit only UNIX Platforms (16.0 SP03)
Related SAP Notes/KBAs
- 2681965 - CT-lib application crashes with an invalid local was supplied in the CS_DATAFMT
- 2799712 - New directory $SAP/SAP_OCS/bin32 to put 32 binaries for bcp and isql
- 2653077 - SDK and Open Server 32-bit UNIX-based packages to be included in 64-bit platforms