Check In process can take minutes depending of the size of the models but here are some things that you can try to improve performance:
- Use Proxy Server to connect to repository. See "Setting up PowerDesigner for Access Via the Proxy".
- Rebuild clustered indexes: Connect as an administrator, select Repository > Administration > Rebuild Clustered Indexes
- Recycle the proxy server weekly.
- Increase the cache size from proxy tool for optimum proxy performance:
- The default size is 300M.
- If the repository is between 5G and 20G, set to 1024M
- If the repository is between 21G to 60G, set to 2048M
- If the repository is over 61G, set to the max the system allows
- Clean the Cache from PD: select Tools > General Options > Repository and click Clear Cache.
- If the DBMS is Microsoft SQL Server: it is recommended to use: the SQL Server Native Client driver Microsoft
- To optimize Repository Reads, you need to have the following options enabled (for SQL Server only):
- ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION [ON]
- READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT [ON]
- For Oracle (11g or 12c) there is a configuration parameter for performance: alter system set optimizer_features_enable=’10.1.0’;