- Go to the folder where you have your PD installation: C:\Program Files\SAP\Repository Proxy 16
- Right click on "pdproxyconf16.exe" it will open the following window:
- Click on “New” to create a new instance:
- Add an instance name
- Select a Data Source
- Add the user to connect to the db and then the password. It should look like this:
It will be created with the default configuration, you can increase the Max size for the Cache depending of your database:
When using proxy we also recommend to increase cache size, but it depends of the size of your repository. For example, if it is around 5GB-20GB set it to 1024.
Then from PD client:
- Go to menu 'Repository' > Repository Definitions…
- Create a new repository definition and use type 'proxy'
- Click Apply
- Select this new repository Name and Click on properties:
- Add the name of the machine where the proxy was installed
- Then find the instance name that you created from proxy. It will take some time to find the instance.
- Select the new instance and click on "Test".
- Then try to connect to repository with the repository name that you created and use your user and password to connect to PD.
* If the test is successful, then you can connect to PD via proxy.
* If you hit any errors, then enable the trace from proxy and to check what is the issue:
- Go to C:\Program Files\SAP\Repository Proxy 16
- Open the "pdproxyconf16.exe" as administrator.
- In the Log File session set the Level to "Full Debug":
- It will generate a log file in the folder specified.