Application Operations in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 provides System and Application Management capabilities for central monitoring, alerting, analytics, and administration of SAP centric cloud and on-premise solutions.
This wiki content has been moved to the SAP Solution Manager 7.2 expert portal. Any child pages of this wiki are deprecated and no longer maintained.
Welcome to the BPM Workflow Monitoring Wiki
BPM Workload data for BPM Workflow Monitoring can be extracted for managed sytems with usage type CE as of NW 7.31 SP8. SAP Solution Manager supports this feature as of Solution Manager 7.1 SP9.
You have successfully executed the managed system configuration for your managed system and you have assigned system monitoring template "NetWeaver CE 7.31" in the technical monitoring configuration.
Data collection architecture
The data is being extracted through the Monitoring & Alerting infrastructure (MAI):
Consider that only one Agent per managed system is collecting such system-wide metrics. When you apply the system monitoring template, the setup application picks an arbitrary Agent and configures the data collector only there.
The following mBeans are invoked with user SM_COLL_<SID> on the managed system:
- SAP_ITSAMGalaxyProcessStatisticsProviderMBean --> method retrieveProcessDefininitionMetrics and
- SAP_ITSAMGalaxyTaskStatisticsProviderMBean --> method retrieveTaskDefininitionMetrics
The data collector class on Agent-side is named com.sap.smd.mai.model.collector.bpmmon.BpmMonCollector.
If you no data is displayed in the BPM Workflow Monitoring application proceed as follows:
- Click the link in the BPM Workflow Monitoring application to open the system (technical) monitoring application. Check whether you can see entries in the following sub-trees: If you do not see those sub-trees at all or if you just see grey metrics proceed with the next step.
- Launch the MAI Support Servlet to double-check the configuration and to check for potential errors occured during metric collection with the following url: http(s)://<host>:<port>/tc~smd~agent~application~e2emai/servlet/MAI Go through the Agents belonging to the corresponding managed system and press the button "Show Current Configuration". Look for "SAP_ITSAMGalaxyProcessStatisticsProviderMBean" resp. "SAP_ITSAMGalaxyTaskStatisticsProviderMBean". If you don't find such Strings in none of your Agents, the system monitoring template assignment is incorrect. In this case proceed with step 4.
- If the configuration looks fine press the button "Show Last Collection Errors". If there are exceptions related to class "BpmMonCollector" there might be open issues in the managed system configuration. Go through the managed system configuration and look for errors that might be related. For instance, there might be an authorization issue because user SM_COLL_<SID> has not been created yet or because role "SAP_BPM_SolutionManager" has not been assigned (yet).
- Launch the Technical Monitoring (System Monitoring) configuration for your managed system and make sure that template "SAP Netweaver CE 7.31" has been assigned to the TechnicalSystem.
If you still are not able to find and to fix the root cause open a ticket on component SV-SMG-MON-IPO.