Documentation and Help Area of Central PI Monitoring with SAP Solution Manager 7.2
In this wiki you find setup and usage information for Central PI Monitoring with SAP Solution Manager 7.2.
The new Central PI Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 supports SAP PI Administrators, Application Support Users, and Operation Control Center Users to monitor theirs PI Landscapes. The main use cases are as follows:
1) Proactive monitoring – Receive notifications and incidents for PI related issues. E.g. PI channel errors, PI component not available, erroneous PI message for interface xyc, in status abc, in component 123.
2) Check the overall status of multiple PI Domains in one screen (components, channels, messages, etc.) by selecting them in an easy and fast way.
3) The Component Monitor provides you with an overview about all important PI components (cross PI domains) like: Adapter Engine, Mapping Run-time, Integration Directory... Additionally you can execute Ping and/or PI Self-Test for all components.
4) The Channel Monitor provides you with an overview about all PI Channels (cross PI domains). Additional you can Start, Stop, and Ping the PI Channels in a central place.
5) The Message Monitor provides you with an overview about the PI message statistics. You can restart and cancel PI messages and use a graphical visualization to analysis the PI message over time.
6) The Message Search Monitor helps you search for payload in PI messages across multiple PI components in the PI domain.
7) The Message based alerts helps you alert erroneous PI messages based on PI alert rules.