Many customers use the Data Volume Managements tools and processes to manage & control their SAP Landscape data.
Growth in data volumes can be driven by numerous factors. As a result too much data tends to remain on the live database, in many cases data that is never used is stored on the live database. Retaining too much data or keeping it when it is no longer useful or required can lead to rising IT costs, complex system management and decelerated system performance.
Ideally, You want to run your database as lean as possible by getting rid of waste and keeping the relevant data for your business processes.
This topic becomes even more relevant in the context of an SAP HANA installation.
SAP Data Volume Management describes a process and provides tools and services to ensure that all aspects in the life-cycle for managing and controlling data are covered.
- Reduced System Size & Growth Rate
- Lean run system
- Transparency on data volumes throughout your landscape
- Transparency on key S/4HANA specific DVM Metrics
- Insights on applicable DVM counter measures
- Knowledge and best practices for deploying DVM counter measures
- End to End process for managing your data volumes