The EarlyWatch Alert Service provides you comprehensive information about and a weely status of your SAP systems. It's especially valuable for all your SAP HANA systems and all ABAP based systems. If you allow the Solution Manager to send EarlyWatch Alert data to SAP, SAP checks the system for possilbe critical issues and contacts you in case further information or support can be offered. The EarlyWatch Alert resultes are made available in the Solution Manager as a document (in PDF, HTML, or Word format) and in an interactive manner in the EarlyWatch Alert Viewer app, accessible through the Solution Manager Launchpad.
If you send EarlyWatch data to SAP, you can use the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace, a cloud application provided by SAP.
- The EarlyWatch Alert is optionally activated per system during the managed system configuration in the SAP Solution Manager.
- Settings can be changed in the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Management within the Solution Manager Configuration WorkCenter.
- For ABAP systems, certain optional content can be activated. This offers for example special content for Business Key Figures and Data Volume Management.
- You may configure the main business hours used to evaluate the hardware capacity of your systems according to your needs.
- EarlyWatch Alert reports are accessed through the Work Center SAP Engagement and Service Delivery.
- SAP EarlyWatch Alert can be scheduled in English, Japanese, Chinese, Russian or Korean.
- The Solution Manager can send EarlyWatch Alert reports per email. The email body can be adapted to your organization's need.
- EarlyWatch Alert email notifications are integrated with the Notification Management application in the SAP Solution Manager offering integration of external email directories and allowing the use of business partner roles.
Service Level Reporting
Service Level Reporting (SLR) belongs to the SAP Solution Manager toolsuite for system monitoring and application operations and can be accessed through SAP Solution Manager Work Center SAP Engagement and Service Delivery. It facilitates a periodic reporting on different kinds of metrics and indicators that are relevant for the adherence to your specific service level agreements (SLAs) in systems and business processes of your solution landscape. An easy-to-use setup allows for flexible customization of reporting contents and offers you broad possibilities to create report documents that are tailor-made for your individual requirements.
Using similar technology, you can think of Service Level Reporting as an ideal addition to SAP EarlyWatch Alert (EWA) in order to enhance your reporting capabilities with regard to non-standard content and customer-specific alert thresholds. Similar to SAP EWA, Service Level Reporting follows a reactive approach and thus focuses on the reporting of past events. It is not suitable for real-time monitoring purposes and does not contribute to the alerting framework of the SAP Solution Manager.
Service Level Reporting is usefull for solutions with demand for customized reporting on individual SLA-indicators that goes beyond the capabilities of SAP EWA. It enables you to exploit additional data sources such as SAP BW infoproviders or Monitoring Tree Elements (MTEs) of the SAP Computing Center Management System (CCMS) and to combine these with selectable standard output of the SAP EWA in one comprehensive report document.
Strategy Note:SAP CCMS/CPH is SAPs classic monitoring infrastructure for technical metrics and is part of SAP BASIS since SAP R/3. It is still actively used in many installations and can easily be added to your Service Level Report without major effort. Today, with SAP Solution Manager, SAPs approach is to move towards a BW-based monitoring infrastructure (Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure, MAI) which serves as a common data source for many application operations and monitoring tools, such as System Monitoring, Root Cause Analysis, Business Process Monitoring and others.Service Level Reporting deliberately provides access to both infrastructures. You might use them in a complementary way in order to cover all requested objects of reporting. Please remember that future enhancements regarding the available set of monitoring objects will take place exclusively in the BW-based infrastructure.
- The Service Level Report represents a customized collection of statistics about technical metrics, system indicators and business process indicators.
- One report may be designed either to encompass a dedicated solution landscape only or to contain an arbitrary, solution-independant selection of metrics that are available on your SAP Solution Manager overall.
- One report may comprise from one up to all systems of a solution or your overall system landscape.
- There are two options for reporting time frame: A report may either run weekly, reporting the statistics for last calendar week, or monthly, consolidating the statistics for last calendar month.
- An easy-to-use SLR setup UI allows for fast and flexible customization of reporting contents and metric thresholds.
- The concept of report variants facilitates different views on a solution with regard to report content and time horizon. An arbitrary number of different report variants can be set up. Each variant generates its own Service Level Report. The variants may differ in systems comprised or may have different reporting time frames and topics covered.
- The SAP Solution Manager operations framework is in charge of invoking fully automated, periodic Service Level Reports which are based on your current SLR customizing settings.
- Automatic email notification can be used in order to distribute the latest Service Level Reports among designated recipients.
|Please open an incident on|