Application Operations in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 provides System and Application Management capabilities for central monitoring, alerting, analytics, and administration of SAP centric cloud and on-premise solutions.
This wiki content has been moved to the SAP Solution Manager 7.2 expert portal. Any child pages of this wiki are deprecated and no longer maintained.
The Alert Inbox provides a central view on all alerts which have been generated by the different Technical Monitoring scenarios on SAP Solution Manager. The generated alerts can directly be handled in the Alert Inbox or forwarded to other channels like incidents, email, SMS or even 3rd party applications. The Alert Inbox also offers a deep integration into the various administration, monitoring and reporting capabilities of SAP Solution Manager for Root-Cause-Analysis and Resolution of alert.
- Central access point to handle all types of alerts from the different scenarios provided by the Technical Monitoring work center
- Provides various personalization options to adjust the look-and-feel for each user
- Efficient alert handling by grouping based on consolidation of single alerts to alert groups
- Integrates the most common alert handling mechanism like status tracking, integration into Service Desk as well as notification via email or SMS
- Alert reactions can be extended by 3rd party or customer Alert Consumer BAdI Interface
- Drill down capabilities from alert overview over alert groups to single metrics and events
- Avoid alert flooding by using propagation and correlation capabilities
- Integration of analysis capabilities like problem analysis and Root Cause Analysis
- One central tool to handle all alerts from different monitoring use cases