Rapid Content Delivery
Starting SAP Solution Manager 7.1 SP12, a new infrastructure has been introduced to deliver new contents for Solution Manager applications. This is called Rapid content delivery (also known as RCD).
Rapid Content Delivery (RCD) tool allows customers to import the latest content updates for various SAP Solution Manager Functions, such as Monitoring and Alerting, Guided Procedure, and Customer Usage Provisioning. Content updates are available in the form of Support Packages (content package ST-CONT) in SAP Service Marketplace. Each content package contains the latest content updates for various Solution Manager Functions.
A typical set of activities that followed for a content update using RCD are as follows:
- New updated content is released from SAP(ST-CONT 200) and is available SAP Support Portal.
- Notification is send from SAP to Customers' Solution Manager system regarding the availability of the new content. The customer can read the notifications either via Automatic or Manual options.
- Customer downloads the content from SAP Support Portal. Automatic and Manual Download options are available.
- Content is uploaded to Sap Solution Manager System.
With SAP Solution Manager 7.2, SAP introduces a new infrastructure and new data communication channels. And this new framework builds the foundation for all future applications exchanging data between SAP Solution Manager and the SAP Support Portal in a secure, reliable, and controlled way. RCD is using this new Infrastructure SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SPS03This document covers the main setup steps that are required to be executed to configure RCD in Sap Solution Manager 7.2 SPS03.It also provides an overview of the RCD Application.
The updated content from the below applications will be available for download via RCD. Customers are requested to check the latest content available for the release and the corresponding SP. The latest content details available at : Details on Solution Manager's Content Delivered (Software Component: ST-CONT)
Solution Manager 7.2:
1. Monitoring and Alerting Infrastructure
2. Guided Procedure
3. Customer Usage Provisioning
You have the following options to update your Solution Manager system with the latest ST-CONT content:
- Manually Upload the Content:- For customer who don't have OSS and Service Market Place connections from Solution Manager.
- Semi Automatic Update:- For customers who have access to SAP OSS and SAP Service Market Place but do not want automatic download.
- Automatic Upload of Content.:- For customers who have access to SAP OSS and SAP Service Market Place and want to set up automatic download
- For more information refer https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/15/overview-of-rapid-content-delivery-in-sap-solution-manager-7.2/
Troubleshooting for RCD Import Issues
For troubleshooting tips for RCD content upload issues, please refer https://blogs.sap.com/2016/11/23/rcd-troubleshooting/