Application Operations in SAP Solution Manager 7.2 provides System and Application Management capabilities for central monitoring, alerting, analytics, and administration of SAP centric cloud and on-premise solutions.
This wiki content has been moved to the SAP Solution Manager 7.2 expert portal. Any child pages of this wiki are deprecated and no longer maintained.
The System Monitoring application provides an overview of the current status of technical systems, including their associated instances, databases and hosts.
System Monitoring is based on automated checks in regular time intervalls in the four categories Availability, Performance, Exceptions, and Configuration. In each of these categories, several metrics and corresponding thresholds can be defined per managed object.
The configuration is based on a template concept. Pre-defined templates can be used as a starting point to derive own customer specific templates.
The System Monitoring application provides information about the current status according to the last measurement of each metric. In addition, alerts will be created and can be handled via the Alert Inbox in case thresholds are violated.
System Monitoring provides the following features:
- Status overview regarding technical system including instances, databases and hosts
- Visualization of metrics and events with their current rating and last reported values
- Drill down capabilities from status information on technical system to single metrics
- Visualize metrics and events including thresholds and current rating/value
Jump-in capability into metric monitor to display historical metric values including interactive selection of the timeframe to be displayed
This application is now based on SAPUI5 technology. The user interface has been enhanced considerably compared to the previous version in SAP Solution Manager 7.1 and is now harmonized with the other monitoring functionalities.
Main use cases
System Monitoring allows to detect issues early and prevent major disruptions by proactively monitoring the general health of the IT landscape. The goals addressed by System Monitoring include:
- Transparency: visibility of the overall health of the landscape
- Proactive monitoring: detect upcoming problems before they become critical for the business
- Single Source of truth: collects alerts from all systems in your landscapes in one central place
- Mass-configuration via templates
- Seamless integration with Alert Inbox and reporting/dashboard capabilities
- Landscape awareness: relationships between managed objects belonging to the same technical system are taken into account
- Support of most of the technologies in an SAP system landscape
- Integrated Self-Monitoring capabilities to detect issues with collection and processing of monitoring data
- Integration with Work Mode Management and IT Calendar
Mobile FIORI Application
The SAP Fiori application "Monitor Systems" is optimized for mobile devices.